1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. LithiumDesign

LithiumDesign 3dsMax User

Got me one of these last month, fantastic little thing, use it as the headphone amp put also as a pre-ampy DAC for my hifi amp :rock: looking at the schiit magni/modi combo next!! :D

Tangster likes this.
  2. Tangster

Tangster Butt-kicking for goodness!

I have one and a Topping D1 on order. Hopefully they'll arrive next week.:D I've been debating the baby schiit stack just for comparisons but I'm not sure how easily I'd be able to sell it on afterwards.:sigh:

3. LithiumDesign

Not heard of the topping before, how does it compare to the e7 - or is that an experiment you're working on? :geek:
    I really love the look of the schiit products and their brand ethos, the only thing that worries me is the price of the magni modi combo, can something that affordable really be that good?

Might have to save for the Bifrost/Asgard 2, or some new cans, or some new hifi speakers or a diy headphone amp... decisions!!

Seen a few Schiit things up for sale on ebay and headfi, classifieds on audiophile forums will be your best bet, for people who want to try the combo without the shipping charge and full price! (like me ahem) :p

Last edited: 12 Feb 2013
  4. Tangster

The baby schiit is supposed to be similar in performance to the O2/ODAC, but with better aesthetics. I can vouch for electromod in the UK as a seller of Schiit items. The extra overhead is quite a bit though, so if you buy both it might be worth shipping them direct from schiit USA.

I'm just buying the E07k and the Topping D1 as a test. The D1 is supposed to be competitive with the iBasso D-Zero and better than the E17 so I expect I'll be getting rid of the E07k.

5. LithiumDesign

So i've heard, didn't realise there were Schiit retailers, thought I saw a post from Jason/Mike on headfi saying they don't use 3rd party retailers for their products, maybe thats just in the US?
    I probably would end up buying them as a pair, I couldn't bare having just one of the set! :waah:

I'm definitely wanting more than my E07k can provide, but I thinnk I will wait until I can afford the next massive jump up rather than hovering around the portable sized amp/dacs :D

6. Tangster

The guy just deals with the hassle of importing them so people don't have to. It's why his product selection is for the kinds of expensive audio stuff that isn't sold directly in the UK.

You could see if a Richer Sounds near you has the TEAC UD-H01 for £150. I can highly recommend it at that price. Over coaxial or optical only, the USB driver support is rather bad since the USB chip they chose is badly supported by it's manufacturer.

7. Ficky Pucker

Ficky Pucker I

that's a cool looking tube amp :cooldude:

i wonder though how can you still use headphones if you have speakers ? :D

as much as i loved them i've not used my LCD-2's ever since i bought Genelec's...

8. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Oh I do use my speakers a fair bit, but headphones vs speakers is a very different listening experience. Some of it comes down to personal preference, but for me if I'm going to sit down and just listen to some music, I'll generally do it with headphones. I don't know why, it's just a more personal experience I guess.

That, and I will always use headphones for gaming since they offer better positional audio and I'm on comms a lot of the time as well. Plus it means I can turn the volume up late at night without waking up the neighbours (I live in a flat) :D

9. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

I honestly think there are occasions when a pair of headphones is, or should be, much preffered over a set of good speakers.

Personally, I love listening to music mainly on my headphones. Right now, for example, I'm listening to yet another masterpiece in a growing collection by a certain Mr Blake using my iGrados. Later I might grab my Custom One Pros & listen to some bass-heavier stuff, or my Grado SR125s...

Give this Essential Mix a go if you like slow electronic music. This kid's got talent.
    https://soundcloud.com/everybodywantstobethedj/james-blake-essential-mix-2011

Anyway.

I'm very tempted to get a headphone amp soon but I just don't know how much of a difference it would make with my 'phones. Anyone able to answer that?

For movies I have my trusty 10 year old Panasonic A/V amp & a 5.1 Magnat set with active subwoofer. The only thing I don't like about the amp is the fact it's that old... NO HDMI! :jawdrop: :D

10. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Adidas superstar sneakers and a freebie projector ( well, I still had to carry it home, so it cost some time)

11. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

An electronic firefly :)

And a rather intriguing Valentine's present I am not allowed to open yet.

[​IMG]

12. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Some good taste and knows you all too well I gather :rock:

I just bought [​IMG]

I just need the case, CPU and Power Supply.

Looks like I might post a wanted add on the Market Place xD

13. TheBlackSwordsMan

TheBlackSwordsMan Over the Hills and Far Away

HOTARU !

14. Tangster

New cartridges for my pens, I can write again!

[​IMG]

also, what the hell happened in the packaging dept with this delivery?

[​IMG]

15. r4tch3t

r4tch3t hmmmm....

Well it is a volume controller, so it can obviously change the volume it occupies. Filled that whole box when they sent it.

16. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

Samsung Galaxy Tab2 10.1" WiFi 16Gb for the missus (saturday is her birthday).

17. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

+rep good sir :lol::lol::lol:

18. Tangster

Guess I need to stop buying parts 2nd hand from Galifrey.

19. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Whats inside? Open it open it...:D

My missus will be in for a surprise today. Bought these, for delivery to her work. :)
    [​IMG]

Love online shopping! Here's the site for you late buyers with sameday delivery! :Dhttp://www.teleflorist.co.uk/

20. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

[​IMG]
    A 64GB SanDisk Micro SD card, Class 10.