1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. Votick

Votick My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.

Replaced the car.
    2010 Ford Focus Zetec S.

Picking it up Wednesday :)

2. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

A couple of oil cooler kits. One has most of what I need, the other has some of what I need. I'll Frankenstein the kit I need out of them and sell on what's left.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. r4tch3t

r4tch3t hmmmm....

They look like good watercooling radiators...

4. Umbra

Umbra New Member

Hi, I've only had this TV a few days but I've checked all the channels even ones that I would never normally watch and there is no audio delay on any of them, I'm using default settings audio format PCM, audio delay 50.
    Can't help with Plex as I have not used it and only have a basic BR player connected at the moment, there is a firmware upgrade available but it does not explain what issues it may fix but might be worth a try, you could also try posting on the AV Forum sorry can't be more help.

Last edited: 12 Apr 2015
  5. bawjaws

bawjaws Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, lip-syncing problems seem to be quite common on Samsung TVs when watching using the built-in tuner. Definitely check that you've got the most recent firmware on there.

6. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Ah, that's where I'm going right, then. I only use a Sky box or stream via Serviio (Another media streamer like Plex).

7. MrJay

MrJay You are always where you want to be

Does that stuff actually work?

I managed to get a 30g tube of MX-2 for the price of the 10g tube last year! So im ok for a bit, but i have always been tempted by the cheap stuff!

8. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

Yeah, I updated the firmware a few days after setting it up. My audio settings were the same and set to an Audio Delay of 50 but after resetting the sound the delay went to 140. I've retuned it a couple of times and the last one improved it with less apparent lip sync problems. I've also double checked that I'm receiving from the correct Transmitter (Sudbury). However I think to get it right on Channel 12 it would have to be a negative number on the Audio Delay which can't be right and presumably would then cause problems with the other channels.

I'll get in touch with Samsung and RMA it if there's no fix.

9. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

Works absolutely fine.

Use half decent stuff on my Haswell rig but all the rest get the cheapy stuff :)

10. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

As long as they don't have aluminium cores.

Heater cores and radiators like these were the norm for WC'ing back in the early 2000's..

11. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

£20 worth of Chinese
    3 bottles of Tiger.

Come at me Sunday night.

12. Yorkie

Yorkie Active Member

Just a few random tidbits

To go with my other ones
    [​IMG]
    I bought an actual CD it feels weird
    [​IMG]
    Because my bike go boom
    [​IMG]
    And because I need to cut my hair
    [​IMG]

13. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Super Moderator Super Moderator

Arg...

[​IMG]

That's definitely the last one now. The only place I can go from here is to add a zone in the garage, and utility room, maybe the hall, perhaps all four bathrooms... ok so maybe it's not the last one :worried:

~£125 on Amazon.es at the moment for anyone that cares to join us. JOOOOOOIIIIIIIIIIINNNN USSSSSSSSSSSSS.

14. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

Stop it. Now. I will end up with a zone entitled 'Porch' at this rate.

15. Umbra

Umbra New Member

[​IMG]

Bought a swivel TV stand as my new TV has a fixed stand, I'd like to say 'It's a great stand and worth every penny' but actually, it's easily the biggest pile of junk I've ever bought and I've bought some junk in my time!

This purchase has been farcical, it should have been delivered last week but wasn't and the ebay seller, who has sold 100's of these stands (wonder how many were returned?) took until today (13-4-15) to reply to my inquiry and said 'Sorry for delay it's because of Easter holiday' What...that was a week ago :confused:

They provided a parcel force tracking number which showed there was no one home when they tried to deliver and had left it at a post office last week, but I was home and besides they never left a 'sorry we missed you' card?
    I went to the PO and got the parcel and noticed the house number for my address was wrong, so parcel force had tried to deliver to the wrong house, amazing, it just keeps getting better and I wasn't really surprised when I opened the parcel, which sounded like a pile of glass and metal falling around inside a cardboard box, to find a pile of glass and metal falling around inside a cardboard box, packing materials, nil, damage, quite a lot.

[​IMG]
    Nice dent in this piece

[​IMG]
    and this plate is supposed to fit inside the channel and support the TV!

Amazingly, the glass was scratched but wasn't broken, I think the safety glass was all that was supporting the cardboard box, one part didn't quite match the piece shown on the stunningly detailed and lavish assembly instructions which were a masterpiece in nano printing and fitted neatly onto one side of A4, but which must be the part as there were no others which vaguely resembled it , it was too big and didn't fit, so it was impossible to assemble the stand...Hmm, I'm starting to get a bad feeling about this, it definitely looked better in the pictures, time to open an ebay case :rolleyes:

[​IMG]
    Incredible work, I'm sure there are full assembly instructions here some where, probably just hidden in a micro dot for security reasons :worried:

Oh yeah, You might want to avoid buying one of these unless you are a masochist, in which case you could probably turn it into a personal torture device, just don't consider using it for a TV stand or you will be disappointed :sigh:

Last edited: 13 Apr 2015
  16. Mister_Tad

Oh snap! I didn't even consider outdoor zones. Doing up the garden either this summer or next, and there's bound to be three distinct lounge, eat/cook and play areas out there as well.

Fortunately the max device count of 32 isn't enforced and instead is a QA limit with specific regards to SonosNet :D

That said, I think I can only get to around 25 before I cross over from silliness to genuine stupidity... or get a much bigger house.

17. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Well-Known Member

New keyring

[​IMG]

18. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil New Member

[​IMG]

For my Dad, his original aerial is snapped inside the rubber/plastic coating, causing very poor reception. Based on a quick search it seems these stubby antennas work just as well as the original, but look much better.

19. Mister_Tad

I'm glad you put some descriptive text along with that image.

20. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Just pledged for the next volume of Girl Genius on Kickstarter.