1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Bike splurge again changings been going sloppy for a while and the chains stretched in places.

Shimano Gear Stainless PTFE coated X2
    KMC X9-SL chain
    Stans rimtape
    Selle Italia C2 Gel Flow - The current Charge spoon isnt that comfy after cracking the plastic underneath

[​IMG]

2. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Well-Known Member

Nice. I sold of a vast collection of Tria and Prismacolor markers (about 250) the year before last and regretted it ever since.

3. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

Dismantled it and replaced the crap supplied 3mm 'thermal' pad (I use thermal in a loose sense) with an EK 1.5mm, 1mm and MX4, load temps have dropped by 12ºC.

4. JaccoW

JaccoW Overspender on keyboards

5. Mnet_Gaming

Mnet_Gaming New Member

I've got something very very similar and mine runs hot as hell. My understanding is the thermal pad is useless and basically needs to be replaced. Could even be worth picking up a copper insert.

I'll do mine later as mine is running about 65+ degrees idle

6. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

Nexus 6 in Blue 32gigabooble model.

Now to find a lovely case :)

7. jrs77

jrs77 Well-Known Member

Last edited: 2 Jan 2018
  8. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

Whenever i see anyone getting 2x80mm fans i always silently hope they are getting a TJ07 ^_^

9. Arboreal

Arboreal Well-Known Member

Aha! Someone on BT who's bought a Noctua Redux. I need an 80 for my next build too; some serious grey in store!.

Let me know what you make of it - love Noctuas, but dat beige is too much at times

10. Vognen

Vognen Member

I just bought an Astro A50 headset and oh my god! That is definitly some different quality than those pesky Steelseries I've been used to :jaw: Got it second hand fairly cheap, it had only been used for a review test, so it looks brand new :D

[​IMG]

11. jrs77

jrs77 Well-Known Member

Last edited: 2 Jan 2018
  12. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Gives credit where its due

Iphone 6... It's rather small though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Pete J

Pete J RIP Teelzebub

Ohh, colour me interested!

How do they compare to wired headphones?

14. Vognen

Vognen Member

I haven't really had any other expensive headphones to compare with, but the sound is amazing. It's a much more richer soundpicture than using i.e my old Steelseries Syberia(which imo isn't a bad headset for the price). The high tones and middle are absolutely crisp, and there's a lot of bottom as well. In terms of the quality it's basically the Astro A40, but wireless. And then there's just the thing with "once you go wireless, you never go back". I now own a Logitech DiNovo Edge, a G700S and now the Astro A50 headset, and having everything without wires is just amazing ;)

15. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Oink!

Not technically a "purchase" but I upgraded my smartphone to a Moto G and if I'm honest, I'm really REALLY disappointed because I can't use my phone...as a phone. The Network cuts out very quickly and it seems to be the infamous Airplane Mode bug that has troubled these phones in the past.

If I don't get the problem sorted (potentially with a brand new handset), it'll be back to the Windows Phone camp with a Lumia 735.

16. Arboreal

Arboreal Well-Known Member

GPU Upgrade

[​IMG]

Ho ho, what do we have here?? Something from Team Green for a change! My trusty HD 5770 was going to be replaced with an HD 7850, but this arrived locally on the 'Bay. I did cash on collection and it's not in place and being tested - looking good so far.

The main choice was a blower cooler to help with the smaller case it's going into...
    All that heat going out of the back, not into the case. Gotta be a good thing.

[​IMG]

Here it is, dusted off sitting on part of its new home...

17. Alekoy

Alekoy Ostekake!

Bought a Dell 42U rack for about $400, not bad considering all doors were there and it looks like somebody has taken good care of it :)
    also there were some slides, blank panels and cable management stuff in it :)
    Not to mention that it was pretty local, just a half hour drive! :)

Not sure that I actually need it, but I have been wanting one since I was about 14, and that is almost 16 years now.. so the inner nerd is satisfied :)

Next project is to move the stuff over from my home made rack (2"X4" construction) and move it into the new home.. I think I have to post a small project in the modding section later on, as I have some fun mods planned ;)

The old rack;
    [​IMG]

Mostly the same setup now, plus some NAS-stuff, minus the beige old computer..
    [​IMG]

The new rack :)
    [​IMG]

18. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

[​IMG]

Microlabs Solo8c - A little treat for myself with the money I got for my Birthday, figured I'd finally get another set of speakers after my Gigaworks T40 set died early year before last, and These were pretty reasonable for the price and quality.

I've also got a little Headphone Amplifier on it's way over from Singapore, one of the S.M.S.L TPA6120A2 units, reviews over on Head-fi and such seem to be favourable, issues seem to be with cables provided rather than the unit, so hopefully it'll prove a nice addition to my HD 518s.

19. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

It only cost you $400 to fulfil a want you've had since you were 14... I need to add some zeros to that to do the same! :/ :( :duh:

20. Alekoy

Alekoy Ostekake!

Believe me when I say that I have dreams that requires some more zeros myself....
    This was just one of them, but it is nice to fulfill one :)