1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

I've resisted LED up till now, but it looks good when off and comes on instantly, no more CFL's for me

2. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

3. TheStockBroker

TheStockBroker Modder

But... why?

Edit: nope, ignore me... I've seen your other post - makes sense if you're not anticipating getting a VR headset anytime soon

Last edited: 11 May 2016
  4. veato

veato I should be working

Bought a new chair home home computer use to replace a generic black leather executive type one (a la 50 quid from Staples). Being a task chair it doesn't feel as luxuriously padded to sit on but it's much more ergonomic and far better built. I suspect it will last a long time.

It's the Connection Is chair (O2ISAC1) with Donati mechanism??? I know nothing about it other than retail is over £300 including VAT.

I bought it new (possible factory second or returns) with tags still on from auction. £8.64 :thumb:

Mine is black and cream though

[​IMG]

5. Vault-Tec

Price mainly. But there is some sense behind it.

1080 is coming out first as a Founders edition for $699. That means probably £600. There are also supposedly shortages of GDR5X which could lead to delays, especially of the cheaper variant. I hate the 1080 cooler too, though that's not really all that significant.

It will be at least a month before we see the 1080 without that cooler on at a suggested lower price. But who is to say it will adhere to the retail of $599? and will that be £599? no one knows.

I'm only running 1440p with a frame cap of 70 FPS. Do I need more than a Titan X?

The 1070, according to Nvidia, is "As fast as a Titan X". In what? DX11? DX12? VR? Given that they deliberately fooled people into thinking that a 1080 was "As fast as SLI 980" (in vr....) who is to say that the 1070 will come anywhere close to a Titan X? We have seen some leaks of benchmarks for the 1080 but absolutely jack on the 1070 so we are supposed to take Nvidia's word for it?

Was the 970 as good as a Titan Black? no, of course it wasn't, it was just cheaper. In fact, I could probably have gotten away with going back to one Titan Black as it has 6gb VRAM and would probably be fine for 1440p. At least it wouldn't run out of VRAM all of the time like my Fury X does.

So yeah... I paid £500 inc for the Titan X. It's six months old, with the receipt, fully boxed. That price sits somewhere between what the 1070 will cost and what the 1080 will cost, so £ per perf I have done really good. It's FAR sexier than the 1070 cooler too.

But hey, if I'm wrong? then whatever. I will just move the Titan X into my lady's rig, buy a 1080 when the price has deflated (if it's worth bothering with and I doubt it will be as I never bought a 970 or 980 after buying a Titan Black) I may look at it again.

Right now though is the time to be buying the last gen. IMO of course. I somehow strongly doubt that the 1070 will ever be anywhere near as good as a Titan X in reality in the cold light of day though.

6. Vault-Tec

[​IMG]

£40. Very happy with that :)

7. asura

asura jack of all trades

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Have everything else I need already to introduce music to my commute.

And... as I was rear-ended in January while; stationary, at a junction, with my foot break down, hand brake and left hand indicator on yet the third party is still claiming it's my fault...:jawdrop:

[​IMG]

8. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

Interesting camera kit, take it front and rear input?
    What model and make?

9. asura

asura jack of all trades

Koonlung K1S.

Yup - front, rear, gps etcetera. Doesn't do record on motion detection while parked up but does have a rechargeable battery for continuous recording... maybe a firmware patch might update to include this feature. Probably not, but a cove can hope.

10. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

As an excuse to shoehorn his TITAN into this thread as well.

11. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Being rear ended is automatically the hitter's fault for failing to leave proper braking distance.
    It's not as if you REVERSED into him, is it?

12. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

I have this model as well. Pretty good and I actually think it makes you drive a bit more cautiously as well. It does have two problems:

1) Electronic whine - you won't hear it with the radio on, but if things are quiet, you'll see what I mean.

2) Very occasional freezes - I haven't had this happen to me in a few months now, but when I first got it the unit would freeze about once a fortnight, requiring me to take the battery out.

Overall, very glad to have it. I think it may have put off someone deliberately thinking about ramming me for insurance fraud as they where going hell for leather up my arse and then slowed at about the distance you'd notice the rear camera.

13. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

That's just how most people drive these days, they don't look further than the end of their own bonnet. :D

14. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Custom tips for my Sennheiser IE80.

And received my First Edition copies of two S.T. Joshi books mentioned earlier: Unutterable Horror - A History of Supernatural Fiction - Volumes 1 & 2.

And just ordered this:

[​IMG]

Last edited: 12 May 2016
  15. jrduquemin

jrduquemin Minimodder

I bought The Necronomicon Lovecraft collection a while back, there are some amazing tales in that :thumb:

16. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

17. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

My Z170m kit has arrived. Could I take this opportunity to thank all the forum members who helped me along the way particularly when I made it so difficult with 5 threads on the subject of my proposed Z170 build. I will play the age and medical card here as an excuse.

[​IMG]

18. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Something tells me you're not being entirely sincere with that 'oops'.

19. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

Haha no. I am very excited about it though. I've wanted one for AGES.

20. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Had to google them, holy moly they better be something special!

They do look pretty funky I'll give you that.