1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

A whole bunch of bits and pieces for the RS.

I really like the orange/red interior lights on the Mondeo, because they're much tamer than the dayglo green that mk1 Focii have. So I found replacement parts that're all red, because I couldn't be arsed to break mine all apart and get creative with a soldering iron.

ST170 Oil pressure/temperature gauges. I need to work out the pinout if I can't find it readily available online so I can plumb my own pressure and temperature gauges for the oil. I can't run it off the ECU as the Mk1 doesn't read that, where as the 1.5 does. Irksome. But with some crafty work I can have a semi-factory looking set of gauges since I didn't use the space for the scangauge like most people do. Just hope the white sheet can be reproduced in black/blue to match the RS instrument cluster.

I briefly.. That's a lie. I spent an inordinate amount of time looking at using QT (Among others) on a Rpi3 to get short boot sequences and replace the entire instrument cluster with a digital dash that pulls the info from the OBDII port. I'm confident I could make the interface, and the kit, but the development aspect eludes me, and for ~$300 p/m for the commercial QT license so I could get the Boot2QT stack and legally sell the damned things to recoup the cost, I'm not going to learn any time soon despite the desire to have a custom digital dash. Filed for future consideration.

A new intercooler - 690x230x65 with 63mm inlet/outlets. It's a bit taller and a bit longer than the Mishimoto Z line I had before, so it'll cope with German weather better, and a modest rebuild on the turbo.

New work shirts, managed to wear through the elbows on two in a week.

German learning material. I can't get along with Duolingo.

Vault-Tec likes this.
  2. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

Last edited: 2 Jan 2018
  3. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Little treat for the whole family to enjoy:

[​IMG]

Vault-Tec likes this.
  4. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Finally a legal way to own Starfox 2, twenty two years late.

5. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I wish the controllers were wireless. Bit hard when you have a TV about four foot off the ground and the only place you can watch it is 20ft away.

6. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Aye, funny when original pcs and consoles came out you were stuck with cables that meant you had to sit close to screens that you weren't supposed to sit that close to.

Now, it's wireless and we have screens you can plonk right in front of your eyeballs.

7. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

Finally upgrading from my cheap maplin rotary. I want to tell myself the bundled attachments are good value, but the truth is I think the case is really neat. I promised myself I wouldn't buy myself tools for xmas. :rollingeyes:

[​IMG]

Last edited: 28 Dec 2017
    The_Crapman likes this.
  8. Matticus

Matticus ...

Dremel is definitely the way to go! No need to justify that purchase to yourself! I'm sure there are rotary tools which are just as good, but I'm not sure "cheap maplin rotary" is one of them!

Mine is so good that every time I go to use mine someone else has used up all the cutting disks! The perils of letting your little brother live with you and use your stuff!

As for me, I just bought a laptop - i7-7700hq, 16gb ram, 1060 6gb, 250gb SSD + 1tb HDD. I always thought the idea of a laptop for gaming to be outrageous, but with my current living/work arrangements, lack of space at my GF's house, the insane RAM and GFX card prices at the minute it actually ended up being a relatively sane "investment".

9. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Nvidia Shield 2017

[​IMG]

We had a bit of money for Christmas and with the Shield being £30 off on Amazon right now the time is right to retire my faithful Roku 3. Streaming boxes are ten-a-penny these days but I want something that will last me a good few years - I don't have a 4K HDR TV (yet), but I want to future-proof as much as possible. Hopefully this will have as long a life as my Roku had.

The Roku 3 remote frequently becomes disconnected and the only way to get it working again is to factory reset it - none of the troubleshooting steps help. You can still use the smartphone app as a remote but that really isn't ideal, there's absolutely zero tactile feedback.

10. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Need for Speed Payback.

Used £15 of my nectar points at Argos so got it for £15.99, which I'm happy to pay.

Horizon Zero Dawn Collectors Edition Guide Book, mainly just because it's a nice big book full of nice pictures, I've already finished the game and expansion, :D

And three 14x11" frames for some of the posters out of the Destiny 2 poster collection I got for Christmas, can't complain at £4 a frame from Wilkinsons, :D
    [​IMG]

11. teacherboy

teacherboy Part Carbon/Nylon/Bovine

[​IMG]
    LG 24" 24BK750Y-B x2 for more screen real estate either side of a 29um68 ultrawide

[​IMG] x3 to connect the monitors via displayport rather than a mixture of hdmi/dvi and displayport from my evga gtx970 ssc

[​IMG] to replace the rubbish standard ones in my car.

12. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Arrived today:

[​IMG]

Apologies in advance, now I'll have to become the gaming equivalent of a vegan, it is the law of the internet.

13. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

I dont follow?

14. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Seeing that I got a case for Christmas, I decided I may as well slowly start getting the parts that are interchangeable.
    So I got this, 850W version.
    [​IMG]

15. VipersGratitude

I suppose my new year's resolution could be not to buy more tools...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    20 of these for a 3d printed Pi Zero Hexapod

Edit: More crap:
    [​IMG]
    1.44" Color TFT LCD Display (x2)

[​IMG]
    Animated Eyes Bonnet

[​IMG]
    DC & Stepper Motor HAT

[​IMG]
    UltraBorg - (Ultrasonic sensor and Servo Ports)

[​IMG]
    HC-SR04 Ultrasonic Distance Sensor (x4)

[​IMG]
    DC Motors (x2)

Last edited: 29 Dec 2017
  16. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Corsair K70 LUX RGB w/ Cherry bowns to replace my ageing and tatty looking g15

my first mechanical keyboard to boot

[​IMG]

Arboreal likes this.
  17. Archtronics

Archtronics Minimodder

Building anything fun Viper?

18. VipersGratitude

Affirmative

19. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Not technically a "latest purchase," 'cos it was backed on Kickstarter many moons ago, but Brian Bagnall's latest Commodore book - which came with a neat-o backer bonus:

[​IMG]

If only 'twere true!

20. veato

veato I should be working

Sony Bravia KD49XE9005 4K TV. Looking at reviews it's about the best 49" I can get for the money. A 55" was out of the question (mainly the wife's decision but I do concur it would look a bit too big in our lounge) and this 49 is actually no bigger physically than my old 42 with its giant bezels!

[​IMG]