1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

WAKKA STOP ! you is making I spend all I money ! lol. After spending a few hours searching for purple cranks I came up pretty much empty handed. The only option was jet fuel, and the only cranks worthy of my bike were £180 (Snafu). So I decided to start doing some research on race cranks, and I found a few reviews of these that said for the money they are amazing.

[​IMG]

Not a bad price either. Of course, it meant using a chain ring FFS I haven't even used the one on there yet !

[​IMG]

In one of the Youtube vids a guy weighs the cranks. 590 grams. Less than half of what my Odyssey 4130 cranks weigh. Which is nice.

Oh and BTW....

[​IMG]

2. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Well-Known Member

Good choice on the pedals, but seriously stop spending money on your bike dude.

MLyons and Vault-Tec like this.
  3. MLyons

MLyons Half dev, Half doge. Staff Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I havn't had time to go through it due to a shoddy sleep schedule at home and no time at work but it does look good and was well reviewed by co-workers. Yh i find that happens a lot. I did VB.NET at 6th form and can't remember a thing about it. programming is more about the problem solving aspect anyway imo. You can always look up the syntax.

4. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Only Human by Sylvain Neuvel, signed & numbered first/first with sprayed edges.

5. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Got an email to say there's been a delay with the supplier for the bike frame - now a 16 week lead time for next batch of small/black frames. Had to make a decision to either wait, or go for the last remaining small/raw frame in stock... I was in 2 minds, because I really wanted this build to be as stealth as possible, but 16 weeks will lose me a huge chunk of spring riding.

So a raw frame is now being packed up to be shipped next week - still super swish looking!

[​IMG]

legoman likes this.
  6. bawjaws

bawjaws Well-Known Member

Mmm, that actually looks lush. Whether it goes with the rest of the components you've bought is another matter :D (although it probably will, raw looks good with almost everything).

7. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Oh it'll still look sweet as, and Airdrop have the complete exploded technical drawings on their website, with all torque values for every bolt listed. They also sell complete bearing and decal kits for literally half the price the likes of Specialized, Trek and Santa Cruz charge, so if I do fancy a change in 6-8 months, I can strip it down, take it to the powdercoater's 5 mins from my house and get it painted for under £100. :thumb:

8. bawjaws

bawjaws Well-Known Member

Yeah, was only pulling your leg about it not matching :) Nice frame, and as you say you can mix it up later down the line if the fancy takes you.

9. Vault-Tec

Just make sure your powder coater knows what he/she is doing. Firstly never EVER blast a frame with beads, slag or sand (you want walnut shells, etc) and also I would inquire as to whether or not it is anodized. Even though it is silver some companies still anodize for the perfect finish. Schwinn used to do this a lot back in the 90s on their race frames.

But yeah I have gone from the sublime (£130 for F&F and bars, base layer coating to stop any rust etc and the best finish ever) to the ridiculous (£50 for the frame three very noticeable sags in the powder).

If you want the absolute best go to Superbike Dan.

http://www.pwsfinishing.co.uk/

I assure you he is the best in the UK bar none.

10. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

The guys I use do all the frames for local racing teams (dirt buggies, motocross etc), also did my old Devinci frame, so I would trust them :thumb:

[​IMG]

11. Vault-Tec

Ah cool beans man. Always nice when you know some one who can do it properly :)

12. yuusou

yuusou Well-Known Member

Anker SoundBuds Slim. Should be here by Tuesday.
    [​IMG]

13. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

Car insurance for the year for the i30 :(

14. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Well-Known Member

15. MLyons

MLyons Half dev, Half doge. Staff Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

For only the trickiest of meals i assume :lol:

16. Vault-Tec

The diet continues. That's another 600 grams gone...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It also says "No more sitting down, fatass" and if I do I will likely regret it :D

17. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

That really does look like an instrument of torture. Makes my eyes just water thinking about sitting on that ! OUCH !

18. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Cat Lies Down on Broadway

It certainly does. When I was time-trialing I rode on one of these: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/selle-san-marco-rolls-titanio-saddle/rp-prod155727 Lightweight but, nicely padded, rode a 12 hour on it without problem. Surprised you can still buy them, bought mine around 25 years ago.

19. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Well-Known Member

Really good saddles never go out of demand. Also, some of the solid carbon saddles I've used have been really comfortable, as long as they have enough flex in the shell the lack of padding isn't an issue.

20. Vault-Tec

It certainly does. That's the whole point lmao.

The last time I rode my bike I did not need to sit at all. I did, briefly, but tbh? I would have been better off (IE calorie loss and leg strength) not sitting.

What you see above is basically a seat delete. I don't fancy sitting on it either, which will get me pushing my fitness more. Now obviously Christmas etc has happened but I was at the stage where I didn't need it. I can either sit my fat arse down and leisurely cruise along, or, I can push it. So I lose 600 grams and at the same time take away the safety net :)