1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Neither did I at the time but the guy offered the first discount and then when I was still undecided offered the second, not sure I would pay £520 for a vacuum though but Dyson have always been expensive, lets hope it lives up to its price.

2. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

They are OK (the Dysons) if you use Turbo mode. They are fantastic for picking up small bits. But, and you knew there was going to be one, they can't handle anything more than just very small bits. I used to have one (long gone now, ex took it) and I spent more time "un jamming" it than she did using it. If there is even the slightest blockage or the filter gets dirty it goes into protection mode and basically won't work. And the issue I had was that it does not tell you what is wrong with it. I took out the filter, cleaned it, waited for it to dry and then put it back the next day and it was still doing it. After much head scratching I had to take the entire thing apart and then I noticed a large feather (from the duvet I would guess) was stuck in it and there was a minor blockage.

At the end of the day? I would still much rather have my Oreck. That thing is wildly powerful and anything that would have jammed my Dyson would have been literally made into mincemeat by the Oreck.

The Dyson certainly isn't a man's hoover, not by any means. They are also a royal PITA if you do not mount the holder (IE falling over and making the loudest crash ever). My mother has one now and they are very light though, which is nice.

3. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I would test mine now it is fully charged but my cat Millie is sleeping in the one room that really needs a though going over given that she has had to use a litter try whilst the ground is covered in snow and she is one messy cat with her litter.

4. Vault-Tec

Never tried mine on pet hair tbh. Should do OK on litter (on turbo mode) because it does have a decent brush :)

5. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Or go to their '2nds / returns' outlet and get it much cheaper but still with a 5 year warranty.

6. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

If you mean here you only get 1 year. http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Dyson-Outlet/_i.html?_fsub=17023620010 and only 40 quid cheaper and not the Absolute Pro which I bought but to be honest all that means in reality is it is all black in colour rather than the awful vivid colours that Dyson love and a couple of extra tools which I will never use.

7. Vault-Tec

The only things you need to worry about is the battery and motor. If you can get those as spares you are laughing. See, this is why I have an Oreck. Because you can buy the entire thing in parts. When I got mine I put on a new belt, bumper and so on. I only paid £30 for the hoover and the parts were very cheap.

I can swap a belt in about 5 mins and the rest is incredibly easy to get apart and service :)

8. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

I did mean there, got my dyson close to half price and I couldn't tell it was a return.
    And registering the warranty on there sire gave me the full 5 years even though it says only 1 in the outlet.

9. Vault-Tec

My mother's old Oreck came from QVC returns. Well, no, it came from Ebay but had a QVC return label on. TBH it didn't even look like it had ever been put together. £120. Very cheap considering it was the model with the headlights and everything (I was well jelly).

10. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Just made my first purchase from Has Bean Coffee, See how it stacks up against Lidl (France) cheap coffee :Thumb:

Sam

11. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Following throat cancer treatment I have little sense of taste and have tried all sorts of coffee yet the only one I find reasonable is Lidl's cheap Colombian 100% Arabica, odd but true.

12. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

:/ i hope you are getting better

13. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Which coffee?

14. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

15. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

I'm not sure I've tried the former - there's a good chance, but I don't particularly recall it.

The Fazenda Cahoeira is a cracker though - quite forgiving, especially for espresso.

I'm getting towards the end of a bag of Mokanisa Beluga (which was quite excellent), and have just now ordered a KG of Rocko Mountain Reserve to replace it (which is really excellent, one of my favourites)

16. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

An IBM Model F PC/AT keyboard!

...which I sold to @GeorgeK a couple of years ago. Hooray!

17. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

An el-cheapo wifi dongle, to use up an Argos voucher before it expires tomorrow.

This is so I can use my gaming rig at work to demonstrate my Oculus to colleagues in a week or two.
    (Only work PCs may be connected to ethernet, but they have an outward facing wifi for personal devices).

18. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

[​IMG]

3D printed custom rhino brand.

Yaka likes this.
  19. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

[​IMG]

Yaka likes this.
  20. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

A couple of mice as I have a couple that are failing. A Wifi SD card, couple of extensions for the Rift and a PCI-E USB 3 expansion card.
    [​IMG]