1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I was fine up to this point, and then I dun a little sick in my mouth.

2. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

It matches one of my bikes :D

[​IMG]

I've got a shed load of stickers to go on it too. Yeah, will get some lining because I hate things that clack and bang. It fits perfectly into a space in my hallway so I can put all of my PC tools in one drawer, the bike/household tools in the others then put the Dremel and so on in the cupboard bit at the bottom.

3. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I've wanted one for a while and I caved. The games are seriously expensive - like f' am I paying £40-£50 for Skyrim! - and the hardware isn't cheap either. But a cheap tablet isn't really a fair comparison IMO; the hardware itself feels fairly well built, it's got a few neat tricks which make the user experience that much slicker, and there's quite a lot of power crammed into that little case. The only other devices that use the Tegra X1 SoC AFAIK are the discontinued Pixel C tablet and the Nvidia Shield TV - neither of which are or, in the case of the Pixel C, were anywhere near £50. Plus there's the joycon controllers which, judging by the Labo demo/hands-on videos I've seen recently, seem to pack a fair amount of tech into them too.

I'm not trying to defend the cost TBH; there's no denying that it's an expensive system with expensive games, and Nintendo are not immune to price-gouging and artificial scarcity (cases in point: the NES/SNES Mini). But they've implemented everything in a way that seemingly only Nintendo know how to do: it's a really slick experience. The only real frustration I had was converting my old Wii U "Nintendo Network ID" account into a "Nintendo Account" - I still don't know wtf the difference is...

Only played about 30 minutes so far - looking forward to getting stuck in!

4. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

So I was right! Draining the blood of your enemies it is. I completely understand.

5. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Keep yer eyes peeled: I picked up Skyrim on Amazon (on a secondary listing, but sold by Amazon - weird) for £35 recently. Bayonetta 2 was down to £35 on pre-order at one point, then hit £45 after the launch and is now £50 from third-party sellers 'cos Amazon's out of stock.

6. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

That's taking the pee. Amazon are selling Skyrim Legendary Edition for a tenner for PC.

7. Gareth Halfacree

Yer comparing apples to the International Space Station, 'ere. Skyrim has been out on the PC for approaching seven years now, five for the Legendary Edition; it's been out on the Switch for four months. Would you expect a five-year-old game to cost the same as a four-month-old game?

Sure, the underlying game itself is the same - but so is Any Given Title: Remastered, and they cost more than buying the original release from a remainder bin too.

Also, does the PC version taste nasty when you stick it in your mouth? No? Checkmate, atheists.

Byron C likes this.
  8. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Why anyone would want to play an Elder Scrolls game without the ability to fix it (aka mod it) is the real worry.

Mr_Mistoffelees likes this.
  9. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Modded or not, would make a long-haul flight go real quick.
    I don't see you doing that with your PC version.

10. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Three adapters for my Rift one of which I have fitted just to see how it went. Guy over on OCUK made them for the princely sum of a fiver including p&p. Have ordered lenses which might take a while as they are coming from the States.
    [​IMG]

11. Vault-Tec

Some crap :D

[​IMG]

Allen sockets.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This month I am buying all of the things that I have been putting off. I have a bit of a bleach fetish (I must have got it from my mother) and thus my toilet seat has turned a weird shade of orange and split in three places.

12. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

JIS shizz

[​IMG]

Yaka and legoman like this.
  13. Vault-Tec

14. legoman

legoman breaker of things

An I shall bathe in it!

More stuff purchased after finding the pipework infront of the MAF has a huge crack in it negating the filter on the induction kit basically.

70mm to 76mm hose coupler (red)
    76mm alloy pipe (500mm length)
    76mm to 90mm 45 degree bend hose (red)
    76mm to 90mm 90 degree bend hose (red)
    Stainless steel Jubilee clips pack of ten

Last two because I'm not sure which of the two I actually need.

15. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Noted, ta :thumb:. Will probably start keeping an eye on Hot UK Deals too.

16. Mister_Tad

This evening's impulse buy consists of...

[​IMG]

Polestar, if it wasn't clear. Unusually for a reg plate, I think it actually is pretty clear.

17. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

And here was me wondering what plistar was

18. Mister_Tad

Yeah, yeah. It's far from perfect, but it was cheap where alternatives were waaaaay more expensive and no more convincing.

My theory is that now that Polestar is being launched as a standalone brand with a six figure halo car, as opposed to a handful of limited run Volvo models, I can flog this in a few years for a sum more than I paid.

On the other hand, it might just be a frivolous waste of money... At least if that's the case it's just a normal plate for what happens to be a 15 reg car anyway and it doesn't look like I'm trying too hard :lol:

19. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

I've considered an RS6 plate for a bit, but then decided on two things: 1) it would make the car even more likely to be thieved; and b) it would probably make me look (more of) a tosser. I've therefore resisted so far.

20. Mister_Tad

I'm on the fence with "proper" private plates as well, though if it wasn't what I assume to be well into the tens of thousands I'd be tempted to fully commit and put 4SBO or something of the sort on a particular obnoxious orange car :D

That's what I like about this one though - it's just a normal 15 plate on a 15 car, I'll never have to explain to anyone what it's meant to say, yet it will still make me smile when I see it. It was also no more expensive than any other combination of random letters and numbers unlike PL55 TAR or something (£1000!)

You're wrong on one thing though, there's no way you could look like even more of a tosser than driving an RS6 :lol: