1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Honestly, the primary motivator would be Xbox One X purchase. I don't imagine I'll be rebuying things in 4k blu-ray any time soon, having just started buying primarily in BR. Pretty much all of my AVR's have been well old in terms of functionality and model etcetera. Still using my trusty Sony STR-DE400

I'll have to keep an eye out and see whether I can fit into budget.

2. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

You have the benefit of last year's models for 1/2 price with brands such as Denon (Onkyo, Yamaha et al) that pump out new models every 12 months. I don't think there's much on this year's lineup that wasn't on last year's.

Like you, I'll be upscaling quite a bit of content. I've had a PS4 Pro for a while so that will enjoy the added pixels and dynamic range, but I won't be streaming much 4K (200GB LTE data limit will get chewed up in no time unless I'm selective) and a 4K spinner isn't on my immediate purchases list - I've set some HUKD alerts that will dictate when I buy that and the odd 4K disc. Once I get the player I'll probably sign up to Cinema Paradiso and rent the rest though.

3. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Yeah. I've never had the kind of cash, or setup, that'd benefit from bleeding edge models of AVR's or even TV's. Hell, my TV is a Samsung 40" Joyiii or however many damned I's that name has. It's always made most sense to score second hand models a year or three down the line. The only reason I changed the Sony out for the Onkyo was the increasing demand for HDMI switching. Ah well. I'll keep an eye out for your FS thread when you get around to it!

4. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

[​IMG]

• 【6.01Inch sharp FHD IPS 2160 x 1080 pixels screen】With the latest 4D curved screen technology, KOOLNEE K1 is filling the full screen even beyond edges. The customized handsets is 50% smaller than regular ones, whcih enables a stunning 90.18% screen-to-body ration on KOOLNEE K1. You will enjoy it so much when you play games or watch videos
    • 【SONY Dual Cameras 】Front Camera:8MP, Back Camera: 2MP+16MP, The SONY cameras, quality loss is no more an issue even at 4x zoom in. There is more fun to play with the Bokeh effect with dual camera. Sony rear dual-lens with precise focus, face recognition, and beautifying mode let you keep every wonderful moment
    • 【Android 7.0 with Octa-core CPU】Large storage: 4GB RAM 64GB ROM; External memory Max up to 128GB; Powered by MTK6750T Octa-core clocked at 1.5GHz, KOOLNEE K1 is a beast in gaming and multitasking. You can always enjoy this handy smartphone, no worry for system froze suddenly
    • 【Support 4G network】FDD-LTE: B1/B3/B7/B20 (2100/1800/2600/800) ; 3G network: WCDMA: B1/B8/B5 (2100/900/850); 2G network: GSM: B2/B3/B5/B8 (1900/1800/850/900), KOOLNEE support dual sim dual standby, 2 Nano SIM cards, One cell phone meets the needs of work and life
    • 【Other functions】Super-fast fingerprint sensor(0.1 seconds to unlock),Large Battery(3190mAh), OTG, GPS、APGS、Glonass, WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0, FM Radio

5. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Just an update.

I cannot recommend the E10BT's enough. Same quality as the wired E10C's. Only thing I really notice is the slightly larger control bar-bit. A 40 min charge gives me a good 10 hours of constant music.

iPhone X, facial recognition is 100 times better than the stupid fingerprint readers of old which never worked for me. Sure its a gimmick, but its useful to not have to type in passwords for my Barclays APP etc all the time.

6. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Ooh, this is good to know. I love my E10s but sometimes I think I'd quite fancy some wireless headphones. Didn't even realise that they made wireless versions of the E10. Cheers for the heads up!

7. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

The RRP on them is ~£70, but I got mine from Gear4Music for £50.

bawjaws likes this.
  8. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Cheers sir, you are a gent.

Guest-23315 likes this.
  9. Vault-Tec

10. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

@Vault-Tec: Weren't you literally scrabbling down the back of the sofa for enough cash to buy food and bog roll a couple of weeks ago?

bawjaws, LennyRhys, IanW and 2 others like this.
  11. Vault-Tec

Yeah. After two weeks I managed to get it all fixed, and back payments put back into the bank as I had used all of my savings up paying the stopped rent etc.

Lesson learned I suppose. Don't ask the DWP anything even remotely complicated, like "Can you please send letters to my mother so I don't feel ill every time one lands on the door mat". Because they will think you have moved house, stop your rent and stop your benefits. And of course, no one will even so much as apologise.

And they wonder why there are so many homeless people. Probably a good thing I thought about that, have zero trust for them and thus have saved up quite a considerable chunk in the past six months. But yes, balance is now restored :)

12. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Wouldn't the lesson here be "don't buy shiny things until you have enough money in the bank to make sure you're not going to die of starvation with a mucky ringpiece following a brief cessation of benefit payments due to a clerical error?"

I'm a freelancer, so I'm acutely aware of how important it is to have a float in my account - and if I'm under float, I don't buy any toys until I'm back on top of it again!

bawjaws likes this.
  13. Vault-Tec

I lived. Sure, it wasn't really nice living but I'm still here I 'spose? I've made sure to save even more now. TBH it reminded me of my days in the USA where I was extremely skint and only able to eat a sandwich a day. I dropped 3 stone as well. But yeah, it's definitely been a reality slap. I've really not spent very much in a while, and the phone was sort of the cheapest entry level decent phone out there. Mum bought me the case as a gift for doing her spare room :)

14. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

All of those bikes and bike parts can't be cheap either... ;)

Guest-23315 likes this.
  15. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

16. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

So who's Layla?

17. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Lola's sister

adidan and MLyons like this.
  18. Gareth Halfacree

[​IMG]

TheC64 Mini [not a typo]
    . I already know I'm going to be disappointed with it, but I've reviewed the ZX Spectrum Next and figured I should balance things out with its Commodore equivalent. Hoping, possibly in vain, that I can replace the reportedly absolutely dire joystick with a real ZipStik Super Pro on a USB adapter - if not, I can't see it getting a whole lot of use.

Then I really need to start emailing people for review samples of stuff, 'cos buying things out of pocket is seriously impacting my bottom line...

19. Vault-Tec

I never owned one of those. Every time I walked into a computer shop back then though I would stop and drool. I remember standing at one playing "Impossible Mission" for hours. My mother used to leave me in the safety of the computer shop (with instructions that I did not leave, and screamed if any one tried to make me) whilst she did the shopping,and then spend ages going all through the games etc. I just couldn't get over how clear the speech on it was. Sadly well out of our financial reach given dad dying, but I actually wouldn't mind getting one now to see what I was missing out on. I know I could do it with emulators but that wouldn't be right, IMO.

At least give us a yay or nay G.

20. Gareth Halfacree

Just based on what I've heard, I'd give it a nay: grab yersen a real Commodore 64, decent joystick, SD2IEC, and an RGB SCART cable - job's a good 'un. It'll cost more, sure, but there's nowt like the real metal for vintage gaming. For bonus points, hook it up to a CRT so you get that lovely free aliasing that made everything look awesome despite having about a dozen pixels.

Alternatively, Raspberry Pi with RetroPie emulator bundle, USB-to-DB9 joystick adapter, decent joystick. Cheaper than either of the above options, and C64 emulation is pretty good these days (not to mention undemanding - it'd run happily on a £4 Raspberry Pi Zero). You can even buy an adapter which lets you hook a real IEC device, like a plotter or floppy drive, to an emulated Commodore via USB - worked a charm when I tried it with a 1571!

Vault-Tec likes this.