1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Hype is building.

For this weekend with my brother:
    [​IMG]

2. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Went on an Amazon spree.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

3. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

I'm atheist so, that's me stuffed.

The_Crapman likes this.
  4. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Looking forward to building the system and messing around with these:

[​IMG]

:D:D

Going to be combined with a Asus P5N-D (750i SLI) and 4GB of RAM (for now). Also have a C2D E6750 coming as part of the bundle so can do lots of comparisons.

I have been getting bored of modern stuff. My 8700K/ 1070 can play basically anything at reasonable settings so there is no *fun* to be had with tweaking.

Might do some reviews like I used to when I messed around with various graphics cards in Eyefinity / Surround. :)

EDIT - Just realised the 3780x2 may not work properly on the MB... Meh, will be fun finding out!!! :D:D
    EDIT 2 - Reading some old reviews it might be ok... cool!!

Last edited: 22 Aug 2018
  5. perplekks45

I still have a a C2D E6600 and a 8800 GTS plus MB and RAM in the basement, I think. That CPU ran @ 2.4 GHz stock, had mine on 3.6 GHz at all times. On air with no problems. Good times....

6. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

I had QX6850/9800GX2 rig back in the day (when that was equivalent to 7900X/Titan today, I guess), all watercooled and housed in a Mountain Mods Horizon with a pair of Raptor X's mounted on custom fan mounts so you could see the moving bits going to work through the roof window... Man, PC's were so much more fun back then!

7. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Sounds awesome! :)

I never had absolute top end stuff, but I do remember getting two 7800 GTX Golden Samples on launch day. Combined with my overclocked 4000+ (couldn't afford the FX-55/57) it was an absolute beast in benchmarks. I had it all housed in a Thermaltake Xaser (hence my forum name).

From memory it was running on a DFI Lanparty SLI which I had to blind flash out of the box as it wouldn't recognise any memory... those were the days... lol!

I was going to be building a Athlon 64 setup but the donor machine (my in laws old system) is on its last legs.

8. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

9. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Check out hwbot.org if you like playing around with stuff, tweaking etc for fun :)

10. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

I think that my first adventure into the top end was a 3Dfx Voodoo 5 5500. I think that was one of the first cards to need an external power source. I think that was also about the same time that I splashed out and Doug led my cd write speed from a 4x drive to an 8x, that thing wasn’t cheap.

11. perplekks45

My first adventure in what was then the top end of the market was a Riva TNT. Wait, I did get a Voodoo 1 at some point. It's been too long.

12. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

My top end didn’t last long as I got the PCI version and the VGA one came out shortly after and pooped all over it.

13. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Orchid Righteous 3D for me. Still got it, too!

14. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

3DFX Voodoo 3 3000 (bought with birthday and christmas money.) My friends we're walking all over me at the time though Quake was awesome on it.

I miss the good old days of simple FPS games.

15. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

You mean you don't like having to choose from a baker's dozen characters with specific weaknesses and counters and then shell out extra cash for a chance to get the skin you want in a loot crate, and you just want a purely skill-based game that's quick to pick up? Crazy talk.

16. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

exactly. What idiot would spend money on cosmetics in a game... :worried:

17. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

It's probably why I keep returning back to games like Half-Life single player. I can't be bothered to choose which hat to wear as I spend my time walking into walls and getting "pwned" and called "n00b" during my rare gaming sessions.

The_Crapman and Gareth Halfacree like this.
  18. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

My first fully self built rig was an E6600, 4gig of Corsair dominator(with fan) on an Asus p5n32-sli premium (God I miss copper heatsinks with heatpipes flowing everywhere) and 2 7900GTO's in sli. Got the graphics cards on a today only for 140 each, still have a record of it on my scan account, 19 Jan 2007. Had them in a really shoddy case though with no where near enough cooling. If only I'd known!

19. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I think the first system I built from the ground up, which didn't have at least some "hand me down" parts, was based on an Abit VP6 motherboard: dual Coppermine Pentium 3's at 800MHz, which I overclocked to somewhere around 1GHz... Running Windows 2000, no less :thumb:. Worked for a computer retailer at the time and got my pick of parts at trade prices - sometimes I really do miss that! Had several PCs before that, but they'd always been based on major components being handed down from my dad.

Sometimes I wish I'd kept hold of that box!

20. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Man. You've all got me hankering for an ABIT KA7 and an athlon 2800+.

Can't remember what gpu I had. Radeon 9600 springs to mind, though.