1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

First impressions - perfect in every way.

Which is more than I can say for the crappy crimp job on one of the cams that left me getting unfairly irked at the system!

liratheal likes this.
  2. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I've been thinking about one myself, but given that I'm leaving, and in a rental, I figure mounting cameras is somewhat pointless!

3. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

PocketCHIP!

DlSVU6WW0AAgpeP.jpg

Reviewed one a donkey's age ago, enjoyed it, was a bit sad when it went back. Tried to buy one a bit later, but the company had gone bust. Finally picked one up for the collection - and, if nothing else, I can use it to play PICO-8 games in bed.

adrock likes this.
  4. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Oo, that's a funky wee beastie. Nice

5. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

It's a neat little device, if you don't want to use the keyboard that even Uncle Clive would have rejected. Shame the company went mammaries-skyward: they showed off a version of the OS that doubles the storage to 8GB (by switching from SLC to MLC mode) and enables hardware 3D acceleration good enough to run Minecraft and Quake III, but never released it. Most of the website has gone dark now, too, with 403s everywhere - and the rest will likely disappear once pre-paid hosting runs out.

I reckon it's ripe for someone to pick up and run with: same idea, but make the keyboard better (rubber membrane with plastic keys on top would do it, even, it doesn't have to be expensive) and use a more mainstream part (Pi Zero if you want small and cheap, Pi Compute Module 3 if you want small and fast, full-size Pi 3B+ if you don't give a toss how big its arse is.) Hell, I'd buy it.

Almightyrastus likes this.
  6. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

I've built ground up systems for others but never for myself. :(

7. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

First system, you say? Built around this baby.

Bought a new haircut and some NiN CDs plus Boys Noize old remix album. Also some bookshelves because I just have too many books. Naw, just kidding, you can NEVER have too many books!

8. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Treated myself. Great price on my local Gumtree search:

[​IMG]

Sat alongside its older sisters (and no, I didn't buy any of them new!):

[​IMG]

9. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

No you want a KR7A Raid. Had lots of fun with that board back in the day :)

In recent news I've just bought a Dell E6320 13.3 inch laptop from eBay, this will be the second one of these I've had. My poor gaming laptop just isn't as sturdy as I thought (it essentially fell out my bag, hit the floor on its bottom and now the internal display doesn't work) I am so not looking forward to the purple shirts having it for a month but with no signs of any external damage think I can get away with "The screen just stopped working, please send it back to Asus for me and get them to fix it" is worth a go.

Really don't like travelling without a laptop these days with a minimum of a Core i5 CPU.

10. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

[​IMG]

Mini mill, mmmmmm mini

The_Crapman likes this.
  11. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

That looks cool. Got a link?

12. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

The_Crapman likes this.
  13. The_Crapman

14. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

My local Axminster had 10% off over the bank holiday weekend.

I went for the manual version (rather than cnc) as I could always canabalise my 3d printer if I fancied a change.

15. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

It's a saves more trouble than it generates rule.

16. The_Crapman

What if I'm just a little bikecurious?

17. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

[​IMG]

Half price on amazon atm, my first set of Sennheiser, very impressed with them.

18. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Finally getting my PC sorted out:

Gone for an MSI B450 Tomahawk, A Ryzen 5 2600X, 16GB of Patriot Viper 3200MHz RAM, and a new bracket for my Corsair H100i v2.

[​IMG]

I was hoping to have everything all built and running by Sunday evening, but delivery companies being what they are (DHL not managing to deliver a package despite my wife being home all day and then not being able to put it right because they are not allowed to leave things in a safe place or with a neighbour - no other company seems to have a problem with using a bit of initiative..., and DPD not delivering on a Saturday, despite the stated delivery date being Saturday at the time of ordering, or re-directing unless you pay stupid money or its a re delivery attempt....) I am having to wait until today, hoping that the DPD driver has some brains to them...

19. Gareth Halfacree

Been on a bit of a splurge:

[​IMG]

Olight M1X Striker 'tactical' torch
    on a £20 discount as an Amazon Lightning Deal. I love my Olight S2R Baton, especially now they've fixed the "you can set fire to things by shorting out the charging contact" design flaw, and this is basically the same thing but with a thumbswitch where the charging point would normally be and a crenellated crown which is for decoration only, officer. Going to get the missus to have it as an EDC.

[​IMG]

21-piece test probe set
    . Cheapy-cheap, but has a couple of handy things I don't have in my current set including the SMD tweezers.

[​IMG]
    Dremel 4000-4/65
    , 'cos my Black 'n Decker Wizard died years ago and I never replaced it. Probably wouldn't have, either, but it was down from £110 to £70. I would have liked a cordless one, but they're a bit rich for my blood - and the hard case is way, way better than the one that came with the Dremel kit I reviewed a while back.

20. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Wahoo Elemnt Bolt LE Yellow, my venerable Garmin Edge 800 has started doing the usual Garmin things turning off/on when it likes, making up data and locations or just refusing to sync.

[​IMG]