1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

That was the initial premise and the very first episode shows him doing just that, picking up potentially useful bits on his way to where he needs to be. Later, although he carried on with that to a lesser degree, he always had a little bit of something with him, whether it be a small roll of duct tape, his Swiss army knife (normally a Victorinox Tinker like the one in the photo, although he did use others depending on what tool the plot called for), a stick of gum, and so on.

What he didn't have was Team Obvious-Diversity behind him (no problem with anyone doing any job that they are capable of, the new show just feels more than a bit forced and awkward in that regard - at least for the very few that I have seen). He was always a one-man show with occasional help from his buddy Jack when a pilot (or slapstick fall guy) was needed.

2. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

OH NOES NOT DIVERSITY!!!!!ONEONEELEVEN

Bring back the good old days when every character was played by a white male. Including the women. Especially the women. Good enough for Shakespeare, etc. etc.

bawjaws likes this.
  3. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

"I don't have a problem with diversity, but I don't like it when it's obvious!"

4. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Go the way of pantomimes, men play the female parts and women play the male parts...

5. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Hey, us middle aged dads need something to watch on TV too.

6. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

upload_2019-8-7_17-43-7.png

What? I deserve a treat.

7. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

I had beer battered fish and chips on the western coast of India today, I think we're square. :lol::hehe:

Gareth Halfacree likes this.
  8. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

This is the first tat I have bought that is not bike related in about 4 months.

[​IMG]

With a view like mine I fancy a nose around. Were cheap, and can take on holiday :)

I also got this (64gb 150mb read) for the PS classic.

[​IMG]

When I bought the classic I was gutted to find it literally had one game on it I liked. So instead of paying the rip off price for those sticks already loaded (which is probably highly illegal) I managed to find a 64 image loaded up with games online. All I have to do is copy it verbatim to the stick, whack it in USB port 2 and away I go.

9. legoman

legoman breaker of things

A small bench to go into a gap I created in the garage, gaps 130cm long but a supporting line of bricks stick out a row so got as close as I could to 100cm, in this case 90cm for a total of £30 which isnt too bad, think its blue I ordered, cant remember to be honest its in the hallway to build after tip run No.5 of garage clearing!

[​IMG]

10. Vault-Tec

I bought these about a week back but China. So I am now waiting..

[​IMG]

I was going to go all out (about £150) and fit blackout blinds. Then I realised that I didn't want blackout blinds all year round, just summer. I have Velux windows...

Any way, I realised when measuring up the windows that the existing blinds roll about 1" away from the actual glass. So, I should be able to cut those down, re-edge them with something (probably Gorilla tape) and basically put them between the glass and blind. They will be very easy to remove as well, I won't even need the suckers. I'm just tired of not being able to game until like, 9pm. Some games are OK, but man most of FO3 is in the dark ffs. I have a hard enough job with that at night, let alone in the day time.

11. m0o0oeh

m0o0oeh Minimodder

Any chance of a link mate?

12. Gareth Halfacree

Ta-da.

m0o0oeh likes this.
  13. Vault-Tec

14. Gareth Halfacree

I just did a reverse image search!

Vault-Tec likes this.
  15. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

got these to replace my bike switches

[​IMG]

these cheapo mill bits to drill holes in handle bars for the above switches, these are better and easier than regular drill bits and do the job quicker

[​IMG]

this pokey thing to pull wires out of the handle bars (holes will be roughly m5 size)
    [​IMG]

and this hopefull to solder batter lugs to some thick cables using the open flame
    [​IMG]

16. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Been doing a few evenings doing some CQB, got my UKARA licence, ordered a plinker

AA R28 Colt 1911, similar to my old one. Does mean I can use my old Tokyo Marui mag, probably change the grips as they suck. Prefer range an marksman work now, its a start into things a bit bigger.

[​IMG]

MLyons, The_Crapman and LennyRhys like this.
  17. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Awesome piece of kit, I bought one for mechanicing as I hate having an iron inside a car with a cable pulling it all over the place, this makes jobs much easier.

Yaka likes this.
  18. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

aye, i dont really need one as i have a solder station but it was either this or dremels blow torch which woulda been a one use item for me. i can actually see my self using this alot more, the hot knife attachment is perfect for cable braiding sleeves the ends melt so seals it as well and the tin case is nice extra

19. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

Ugh... I remember being able to buy awesome blowback BB pistols without the UKARA nonsense, and with it being forced on enthusiasts who don't care for airsoft I just cba. I'd still love to own one of the full metal blowbacks but hey ho; I don't really fancy it in fluorescent orange or green.

20. Tangster

Tangster Butt-kicking for goodness!

Been on a shopping spree recently.
    Ryzen 3700X
    MSI X470 GAMING PLUS (seriously, who names these)
    Fractal Define C
    32GB Vengence DDR4
    Rotring 600 0.5mm pencil
    Rotring rapidPRO 0.5mm pencil
    Zebra F-xMD Ballpoint 1.0mm
    Bunch of Phillips LED bulbs
    3 pack of Phillips Hue bulbs
    Two copper lampshades
    Two Spotlight bars

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]