1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

If you're not in Scotland, just buy the air pistol versions that fire metal BBs or pellets - they're still available in realistic colours, because the law views them as actual (albeit unlicensed) firearms therefore excluded from the "realistic imitation firearm" sections of the VCRA. If you're in Scotland, they're licensed - so you might as well go the whole hog and get yourself a .22LR long-barreled pistol instead.

LennyRhys likes this.
  2. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

I bought my first bb gun, a Marui Colt centimetre master, while on holiday in the Lake District from a camping/hiking/country sports shop, I was 14 "17" and it was f'ing awesome. We made targets from cereal boxes, had mini skirmishes in the back garden wearing multiple layers and my dad's diy goggles, we had immense fun with them without ever pointing them at someone in a threatening manner, despite copious amounts of violent video games and movies polluting out impressionable minds.

MLyons, LennyRhys and Arboreal like this.
  3. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Always baffles me the licence system. Mainly using this to get back into shooting, friend of mine found a range locally that has a small airsoft CQB area, sites accredited so it counts toward the membership plus they are happy for you to use the normal firing range. Tried a friends CM.707, was louder than some of the Air rifles being used :grin:

4. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

I used to be into Airsoft big time, I most likely still have 20+ guns sat in the cupboard, ranging from pre-hop up classic guns that run off external air tanks, multi barrelled grenade launchers, uzi and Mac 11’a and a couple of AK’s. Haven’t been for years what’s the scene like now?

5. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

My mum's funeral... Not paid yet, but this'll be bloody expensive. Thank you, Germany.

And thank you as well for making me pay her rent, electricity, heating and water for another three months while stopping her pension immediately.

Overall I'm looking at 7-8K over the months. More debt, here I come! Woohoo!!!

/Rant

6. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

Surely a death certificate should override that...?

7. perplekks45

You'd think that, wouldn't you? So did I. But according to the contract it's three months notice for the flat and all services can only be cancelled with the hand-over of a signed protocol for the flat. There are no exceptions to the three months notice period, not even in case of death.

Sometimes I just want to burn this whole country to the ground for fulfilling cliches.

8. Dr. Coin

Dr. Coin Multimodder

Can you sub let for the three months? Probably not worth the hassle. Either way can you hold on to the flat for the three months and prevent the landlord double dipping?

Condolences on your loss.

9. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

Sounds like a good case for airbnb rentals, assuming it's somewhere even vaguely convenient to manage.

Just what perplekks45 doesn't need to be considering right now that's for sure, my condolences.

10. perplekks45

The whole building is barrier-free and owned by an institution that is kinda state-owned-but-not-really. I am not even allowed to present a new tenant because they have a very strict form-based process for that. They have strict rules about who's even allowed to live there (elderly and sick or disabled) and you have to apply for a spot long in advance (6+ months).

This whole situation pushes me A LOT closer to leaving Germany again, this time for good.

11. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

I haven’t bought nice clothes in yonks, and can’t remember the last time I wore jeans because I've found nothing that fits my trunks. Luckily enough all my recent clothes orders actually fit perfectly including the Levi jeans and the Hugo Boss trainers somehow fit my pasty feet quite nicely.

BOSS Men's Low-Top Sneakers
    [​IMG]

Hugo BOSS Men's Paddy Polo Shirt
    [​IMG]

Levi's Men's Ss Original Hm Tee T-Shirt
    [​IMG]

Superdry Men's Orange Label Knited Tank Top
    [​IMG]

Levi's Men's 514 Straight Jeans
    [​IMG]

12. Dr. Coin

Dr. Coin Multimodder

Required notice to break a lease is typically added so a landlord has time to find a new tenant and prevent loss of revenue. If there is waiting list then there is no risk of filling the occupancy. That is even worse that they enforce the clause in the event of death.

13. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

You would think given all the above that they would have a reasonable waiting list and would be able to have someone ready to move in at just a couple weeks notice. Seems like a very punitive system. I’m sorry you have to deal with it.

perplekks45 likes this.
  14. perplekks45

The flat next to my mum's has been empty for 12 months, there are 7 more empty flats in the building. I don't expect them to have somebody ready to move in before end of November, which is the only way that would allow me to get out of the contract earlier.

15. m0o0oeh

m0o0oeh Minimodder

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Expanding the collection of Funko's - Deadpool is next. Also picked up this:

[​IMG]

Mistakes were made at Smyths last night...

MLyons likes this.
  16. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Keep your receipt for these... I have some that look like a near identical design, just some different colours.
    The soles from both shoes started peeling off at the heel within a couple of months of only occasional wear. I bought mine from a brick and mortar shop and fortunately through sheer fluke found the receipt. The shop repaired them for me at no charge and then they were fine forever more (I think I even still have them, but this was years ago), but I was still a bit peeved, and would have been moreso if I had to fork out of my own pocket to get them fixed.

Weekly_Estimate likes this.
  17. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

New hosting with Cloudabove, 'cos Tsohost has really gone down the crapper since the Host Europe Group takeover. Five hours downtime in the last 24 hours was the final straw.

18. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Thanks mate, I'll keep it handy!

more clothes shopping

Levi's Men's Pieced Hoodie
    [​IMG]

Armani Exchange Men's Trouser
    [​IMG]

Tommy Jeans rugby top
    [​IMG]

BOSS Men's Low Top Sneakers in black this time
    [​IMG]

Levi's Men's 514 Straight Jeans more of these in different colors because they fit
    [​IMG]

BOSS Men's Sweatshirt Sweater
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 14 Aug 2019
  19. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

I've also been disappointed with TSO recently, such a shame as once upon a time they were the apex.

I followed your lead and moved to Cloudabove, hopefully the migration will be nice and easy.

20. Gareth Halfacree

't'was pretty smooth here: threw a Cpanel backup at 'em and they handled pretty much everything, including getting every domain and subdomain a Let's Encrypt certificate.