1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Awesome thanks, good to know. Just wanted a fairly decent one with not too many buttons and I like my Roccat keyboard so thought it worth a shot.

My current Mionix has been quite good but I can sometimes unintentionally hit the buttons on the right handside.

Plus there's been a couple of times when the pc has booted the mouse hasn't been found until replugging, not sure if that was a W10 or a mouse thing.

Anyway, I had vouchers and they are like free money :happy:

2. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

[​IMG]

Straps.

[​IMG]

Corona care package for brother and sister in law.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. jsbombjack

jsbombjack Minimodder

Vault-Tec likes this.
  4. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

5. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

[​IMG]

Damn you HH, damn you to hell n back

BeauchN likes this.
  6. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

Who/what is HH...??

7. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Hairy Hands.

8. Vault-Tec

I had a Smith And Wesson Special Ops once that you could shave with lol. I bet it would be quite illegal to have it here in the UK though. Shame, beautiful knife.

9. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

One of these? Perfectly legal to own in the UK. Most knives are: the only ones that are illegal are butterfly knives, disguised knives, flick knives, gravity knives, stealth knives, "zombie" knives, swords with a curved blade over 50cm, sword-sticks, and push daggers.

You can't go down the pub with it strapped to your leg, but there's nowt stopping you buying one. Hell, I bought one of these puppies back when I had an allotment. Stays in the safe these days, aside from when the tree needs a trim.

mrlongbeard likes this.
  10. Vault-Tec

It was like this.

[​IMG]

Just with a different name. 3.28" apparently. Well, the blade. I looked about the other night and they're not expensive, but I couldn't find any in the UK.

11. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I never understood knife laws. They seem very strict but I've violated, unknowingly, most of them.

Hell, I used to have a 'zombie' locking knife in a regular carry bag when I was a teenager. Pretty sure I still have it. I miss both of my straight blade locking knives. They were very nice.

My 'car knife' is a Gerber warrant knife.

12. Vault-Tec

What I used to love about it was the bolt. It meant one handed opening was very easy. Great when you are holding an electric fence wire you need to strip in the other hand lol. But yeah, back then in my farm days I didn't leave home without it. Things were very different in rural NJ. I got a Gerber too. Still got it, but it's very blunt now.

13. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

One of my locking knives had a little thumb tab. Super useful. The 'zombie' knife has a massive hole. It's not as convenient as a sticking out thing but it is just as convenient.

I just don't get how the laws can be so strict but buying knives is.. well, it's so easy. I bought a 12" "combat" knife once. By way of my father. In that I said I wanted 'that one' and he paid. Couldn't have been older than 14. No one batted an eyelid.

Even younger than that I bought a bayonet on my own. Only eight or nine inches long but plenty stabby.

14. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Ah, a folder. Looks like that particular one's been discontinued, but if you're a fan of tanto-esque and semi-serrated...

upload_2020-4-3_21-33-48.png

StatGear T3 Rescue, which comes with a seatbelt cutter and spring-loaded window punch. Not a tanto, though.

upload_2020-4-3_21-35-0.png

Benchmade 557 Mini-Griptilian Tanto. Not cheap, but Benchmade make really good quality knives.

upload_2020-4-3_21-35-45.png

Cold Steel XL Voyager Tanto. Not a fan myself.

upload_2020-4-3_21-36-48.png

Walther Chisel Framelock. C'mon, how cute is that? It's only £21, too!

upload_2020-4-3_21-37-27.png

CRKT Razel. Had that on my own want list for a while, but was put off by some apparent QC issues. At £35, though, it could be worth a punt. No serration, tho', if that's a deal-breaker.

15. Vault-Tec

It was awesome for stripping wire too. In fact, it was just awesome for everything. I think I will go browse Amazon now :)

16. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

17. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

I carry a very nice 12" custom knife everywhere in my yard. Assumptive of a good sheath for it, I could legally carry it or my newest acquisition, a legit Indian trade knife on my hip and nobody would bat an eye.

But I live in the woods, and use them every single day. I couldn't get by without a knife like that.

18. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

I picked up a new one of these a few weeks back.
    https://www.lamnia.com/en/p/219/knives/j-p-peltonen-m95-ranger-knife-plastic

J-P Peltonen M95 Ranger Knife. I still have my one from my service, but wanted a new one as my current one is a bit haggard after 14 years of heavy use on the farm and through work. Still in brilliant knick, just no teflon on the blade any more :D I was looking for an excuse! Also, I haven't seen these available to buy for about a decade, so I had to when I found that site.

19. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

That's a nice knife, but I hate plastic handles. They feel dead to me.

20. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

I only buy good kitchen knives. I used to own a really nice all-metal following knife when I was a teenager. Got it as a gift from one of my father's friends. Never needed a knife to carry daily.