1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Well-Known Member

For Finnish Winters, it's superb. Non-slip regardless of conditions. Good and chunky as well. The blade is very thick as well (4mm) as you can use it like a log splitter and tap the back of the blade with confidence.

It's been to hell and back with me and I'd never *not* choose it. However, to each their own :)

2. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Oink!

Been sorting through all the fans I used to use for cooler testing and benchmarking, and it turns out I have more than I thought (and I'm still buying more).

I came across these three 92mm Deltas really cheap on ebay and bought them... turns out the seller had mistakenly listed them as a bundle, but being an honourable chap he gave me all three for the asking price of less than a tenner (they cost around £30 each new). Linus made a video about this particular fan, if anyone's interested.

At some point in the not-to-distant future I'll be slapping these on a GPU cooler for some 11,000rpm madness.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Make sure you apply for a noise pollution license :D your neighbours will crap themselves.

LennyRhys likes this.
  4. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Not for me, but just bought my daughter a Frog 62 for her birthday. It's not until June, but with the distinct lack of school coupled with improving weather it seems like a sensible time to bring it forward and get her of her crappy Argos special kid's bike, which seems to be made of lead.

I'd have been made up if I'd had a bike of this quality at that age (or since for that matter!), I always seemed to get hand-me-downs from family/friends that were just awful.

adidan and bawjaws like this.
  5. bawjaws

bawjaws Well-Known Member

@Shirty , great choice, Frogs are brilliant bikes. Isla bikes are also fantastic. Neither are mega cheap but you definitely get what you pay for (and they hold their value well too, so you can recoup a large proportion of the cost when you sell them on).

6. Arthur

Arthur Comment is over there ----->

Sony WF-1000XM3 earbuds in black.

perplekks45 likes this.
  7. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Cat Lies Down on Broadway

At first sight, looking through the latest posts in reverse order, that was a wierd thing to read.

8. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Yup, ditto, I guess it was a good way to learn how to fix the bloody things though.

9. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Oink!

Took delivery of these today - the Gentle Typhoon was from Amazon and the Delta from AliExpress.

I'm curious why the GT is black... has anyone else bought one recently? The manufacture date on the label is Feburary 2019, so they've obviously been shipping like this for a while.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. David

David Take my advice — I’m not using it.

They've changed the nomenclature for the Typhoons?

11. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Oink!

Yeah these are the OEM version. AFAIK all the newer GTs are also PWM, which means they have different internal circuitry as well. Darkside mods did a collab with Nidec a few years ago to produce the fans with a black impeller, but I didn't realise they were still being made that way - perhaps the original colour scheme has been dropped and that's how they are being shipped now.

12. meandmymouth

meandmymouth Well-Known Member

Worth it?

13. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Staff Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I should find out soon - I already own the over-ear version, which I love, and Amazon's dropped the price of the in-ears to £170 so I snapped 'em up for delivery tomorrow as a birthday present to myself.

Figured they'd be much better than the bulky over-ears for travelling, whenever we're allowed to do that again...

14. meandmymouth

meandmymouth Well-Known Member

I have the over ears and they are great, so tempted by the in ears as well (assuming they will fit in my oddly shaped ear canals).

15. Gareth Halfacree

Yeah, that's my worry: I've very small ear canals, and I'm not sure if the in-ears will fit well enough for a good seal. That said, the £13 noise-cancelling in-ear headphones I bought from China a while back fit pretty well, so fingers crossed!

16. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

I haven the over-ear XM2s and love them, wear them every day. My guess is that the in-ears will sound and perform brilliantly, but you'll have a lot more technical problems with them.

Been eyeing up a set of decent in-ear wireless buds for yonks, but haven't taken the plunge yet. I'd want a good supply of positive reviews from >1 year owners.

17. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I got an XSPC G1/4" temperature probe. Because.. There's definitely no plans to fanny about with watercooling again. Definitely not.

18. Arthur

Arthur Comment is over there ----->

You get a few different sized swappable buds as accessories in the box so they should cater for most people who buy :thumb:

19. Gareth Halfacree

WF-1000XM3s arrived. First impressions:

• The noise cancelling definitely ain't as good as the WH-1000XM3s, but then again they're not a massive pair of over-ear cans so that's probably to be expected.
    • There's a definite hiss with NC active, and it seems to be mostly concentrated in the right earbud(?)
    • The touch controls aren't as useful as the gesture controls of the WH-1000XM3s: you can have the right earbud either stop and start playback or adjust volume, but not both.
    • They're pretty comfy. The default buds were a decent fit, but I'm currently trying with the biggest set pushed in then pulled slightly out - it seems to give me a better seal for sound isolation, and they're still securely seated.
    • Another negative compared to the WH-1000XM3s: there's no AptX or AptX HD support. (Though they *did* appear on the Qualcomm website claiming AptX HD support a while back, so it may eventually appear in a firmware update.)
    • Sound quality's good, but bass-light: I found I had to switch on the "Bass Boost" function to get a similar sound to the WH-1000XM3s on default.

20. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Currently Rebuilding

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Newest acquisitions. The old knife? An authentic trade knife rescued from a flea market. Bought for my regalia, to only be used for ceremony. Still considering pewter inlays.

The new one was handmade for me. Works amazingly for bowmaking work.

Still need a new patch/skinner, a whittling knife and a mocotaugan. Considering getting them from the guy making my tomahawk head.

Going with bespoke or handmade from now on. Quality is just better, and I know a few smiths.