1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

I had the previous one and would not buy the Quest again. Far too uncomfortable for anything longer than 30 min sessions, and Oculus link was incredibly hit and miss as to whether it would work that day or not. Can't say its not good value though.

2. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Thanks for the info. Mine will arrive Weds, so I guess we will see what the Quest 2 is like, as there has been a lot of improvements. :happy:

3. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

i have the quest, for oculus link and over wifi via virtual desktop i found it to be very usable, not perfect but good enough that i sold my vive. my brother on the other hand had terrible time out side the quests appstore. we even switched head sets his worked fine on my setup but mine gave him the same problems only upside he played the quest games he wanted to and sold it on for a profit. only reason i am not going for quest 2 is the mandatory FB login and the fact that its white.

4. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Type C to MicroUSB cable

[​IMG]

Type C to Apple Lightning cable

[​IMG]

20Ah 60W USB-PD Power bank

[​IMG]

I already have a 60W Type C USB-PD mains adapter, so now I can charge pretty much everything battery-based from a power bank: work laptop, personal laptop, Switch, mobile phone, bluetooth headphones, etc. My work laptop complains about a low-power charger because the official Dell Type C chargers for this machine are rated at 65W, but it'll charge at 60W. In practical terms that additional 5W makes bog all difference: I can still charge it from 60W Type C.

5. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Amazon Prime day - So I grabbed a Samsung 970 Evo Plus for a good price. (Fingers crossed we don't get a box of cardboard...)

6. BeauchN

BeauchN Multimodder

Prime Day here too: Sabrent 1TB PCIE 4.0 M.2, the 45W Anker power bank and a G305. All stuff I was planning to buy anyway! How often does that happen?

7. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

You cool guys and your cool prime day tech.

- One corded vac because our V11 will definitely not make a dent in the new house on one charge
    - One slightly more compact child seat, as the one in the Mini, having originally been bought for a 7-series, is not entirely size-appropriate
    - One bottle, tawny port
    - A selection of bargain basement LED bulbs to replace Hues when we move out

IanW, BeauchN and Guest-44432 like this.
  8. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

I think it is just these 2 days, then you get Black Friday and Cyber Monday per year.

9. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Grabbed a 1tb sata for £69. The Sabrent acted weird then tried charging me RRP. I guess they sold out. Also grabbed a Dot for £18.99 to go in the living room. Saves me shouting at the one in the bedroom from the living room. I can also turn on the lights before I even get up now, saving me smashed shins.

10. Vault-Tec

Just grabbed a Fire cube also. Every two years my sticks seems to self detonate and start crawling. Beginning to wonder if it's deliberate tbh.

I nearly bought one last week at RRP.

11. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I also partook in the Prime day nonsense. To get a slightly more grunt-havng Fire Stick, because the first gen one is so slow it's been annoying me for a year, just never wanted to pay full price for a better one..

12. Vault-Tec

That's what mine do. Start bloody crawling balls right as the warranty is gone /rants. It also requires a daily reboot or the remote stops bloody working.

I know I didn't have any of this crap with the Fire HD box my ex used to have. So I stumped for the cube.

13. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

It all turned up at the same time (different couriers).

[​IMG]

So what to do first. Add fans to the rads and case, hest up some hardline for some pipe bending and get it all prepped ready for Zen 3 to drop in or setup the VR and worry about doing that all another time? Hmmmm...

Yaka and Ficky Pucker like this.
  14. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

I took a look at the Prime nonsense. So much Chinese rubbish with gibberish brand names to wade through, that I just gave up within a minute. There's nothing I need, right now, anyway.

I noticed that all the sites that have been bought-up by Future Publishing (FP), including Techradar and Tom's Hardware, have gone big on Prime Day with a special mention for What HiFi, they've gone completely overboard. FP love their clickbait...

15. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

I mainly bought alcohol because Amazon made it cheaper today. Whisky, five bottles. I'll blame my future alcoholism on Prime Day and Covid.

Also an Anker power bank because you can't have too many of those. And volume five of M. Liu's Monstress.

16. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

Arrived!

[​IMG]

The_Crapman and Vault-Tec like this.
  17. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Exactly. I'd just be looking for excuses to spend money. The only things I bought today were thing I was going to buy anyway; when I know there's a sale coming up it make sense to hang on a few days just to check....

Mr_Mistoffelees likes this.
  18. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Couldn't really turn down 99p for a week of prime so i could pick up one of these:

[​IMG]

Just over 50 squid, will use a battery from a drill+2 battery kit i need to pick up to replace the bosch.

Nothing heavy duty but it'll be nice to finally have some kit that doesn't keep changing its rechargeable battery types every coiple of years.

Vault-Tec and Goatee like this.
  19. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

I know that thanks to Brexit the pound is currently not the strongest currency, but I am shocked you already switched to paying with livestock instead of money. Is it that bad already?

Arboreal and adidan like this.
  20. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

I was thinking about "borrowing" some sheep and cows from the farm up the road, to pay for my next pc upgrade.

perplekks45 likes this.