1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

If in doubt, more CD's!

Me and That Man - Songs of Love And Death
    Me and That Man - New Man, New Songs, Same **** Vol. 1
    Me and That Man - New Man, New Songs, Same **** Vol. 2
    The Ugly Kings - Strange, Strange Times

Byron C likes this.
  2. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

So far this appears to be a score.

A barely-there mark on the back that can only be seen from certain angles and in certain light, what looks like a (presumably removable) pen mark on the present-and-correct charger and cable, and looking very closely, a hairline scratch around 10mm in length on the screen that is only visible when the screen is off - absolutely worth a £200-250 saving.

EDIT: Also first activated on 01/09 so eligible for AppleCare

Byron C likes this.
  3. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Mirrors my experiences with Amazon warehouse purchases. Occasionally open box with damaged or creased packaging or, more often than not, sealed and pristine.

4. Mister_Tad

I've seen them get a lot of grief for warehouse items, but it hasn't been my experience either.

I've had a few stinkers that just went back - like someone had played football with them or they were just straight up DOA.
    One laptop that didn't come with a charger - when queried since it did say "accessories present" they went ahead and refunded 20% (far exceeding the cost of a replacement charger)
    And then this iPad that has clearly been opened and is "imperfect", but would still easily pass for "very good" - and "Current gen iPad Pro" + "30% off RRP" are just not things that come in the same sentence, opened/used/marks or not.
    And other than that, you're right just the odd mark on a box - the described condition says nothing about the actual condition. In fact I bought a "Like new" hue bulbs that came with damaged/opened packaging but otherwise fine, and then a few days later bought the same again but "Good", and the latter we're indistinguishable from new.

Given there's effectively zero risk in giving it a punt, unless the difference really is marginal vs actual-new, I'll usually go for warehouse when the option is there.

5. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Its something I really want to do but I can't justify the outlay yet!!!

6. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Free Asus V247 monitor from the inlaws. Easier to get something to run it than my big 4K, which is mostly for drafting/art.

7. Mister_Tad

A slightly more questionable "bargain" than the last one - a magic keyboard for aforementioned ipad.

On one hand it's as cheap as it's ever been on Amazon at the moment, on the other hand it's far and away the most expensive keyboard I have or will ever purchase. But I'm informed by reliable sources that it's the correct keyboard to get.

8. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Sounds like you need to get into mechanical keyboards, then, if an iPad keyboard is the peak of your keyboard spending!

perplekks45 likes this.
  9. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Gives credit where its due

SG90 Pan & Tilt servo bracket
    [​IMG]

650nm Focusable Focus Adjustable Lens Laser Red Cross Diode Module 3-5V with Driver Plastic Lens
    [​IMG]

Zorin OS 16 Pro
    [​IMG]

10. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Height-adjustable desk frames after the ones I tried to buy on IndieGoGo turned out to be a fraud. At least I got my money back and for less than 600 I now ordered two frames from a company based in Germany. More trustworthy? Maybe, fingers crossed.

11. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

A hotel room for this years company xmas sesh :clap:
    Things might be nearly normal

12. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus Rule #9

We've just had an end-of-summer party at work (I didn't go, don't want to spend too much time with most of them anyway, let alone when I can be somewhere else...) and by all accounts that seemed to be a fairly "normal" happening.

13. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

14. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Email off from them direct nice chunk off. I was going to get one £89.99 Vs 119.99 so no brainer Came with a 2Ah battery as well

[​IMG]

15. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

Nice that they made the battery out of clear plastic so you can see whether it's full or empty.

trigger, Pete J, IanW and 3 others like this.
  16. legoman

Yeah it it stops you can shake the juice so it goes into the right bit an starts up again

17. Byron C

Byron C Official Necromancer

Crap, that reminds me, I need to get some blinker fluid the next time I'm out and about...

[​IMG]

Mr_Mistoffelees and Pete J like this.
  18. legoman

Yeah need to get the winter version so they don't freeze up too!
    Bought a honking wall anchor and chain, no images because it's security related. Should be fun fitting it!

Byron C likes this.
  19. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus Rule #9

Sofirn SP36 Pro:

[​IMG]

8000 lumens of rechargeable lighting goodness. Been carrying the SC31 pro in my pocket for a few months now and it has been awesome. This one will not be replacing it, no need for anything quite that big, bright (and no no doubt hot) in my pocket so this will be getting added to one or another bag of useful bits and pieces for when needed.

Now I just need to sort out a couple of correctly sized glow in the dark o-rings for a mod when it arrives, need to do the same for my SC31 as well, but I shall wait until I can throw both sizes on the same order (and for when I am on my own PC and not my work one that seems to flag the sites selling gitd o-rings as "guns/weapons"...)

And an orange O-Bulb for the vast sum of just over £7:50 as I had a refund on some Etsy stuff that never arrived and there's a sale on at the O-light store at the moment:

[​IMG]

Last edited: 28 Sep 2021
  20. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

One of these bad boys and almost an entire house full of pipes.

[​IMG]

No cold water tanks or header tanks in the loft, no pumps and up to 170L of toasty warm water on demand, all running at a very nice set of pressures.