1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. shrop

shrop El Jefe of Sleeving

You weren't planning on using freshwater/ coarse gear were ya?! :duh: Are you going off the shore on a charter boat? You need a decent rod and reel combo as well as technique on the Scillies, especially on St. Mary's if you are wanting to catch pollock and mackrel off the shore, long rigs and spin fresh sand-eel whipped on should do the trick. Walk around the island (you can do it in a day), to try and find some posts and cast as far as you can. Me and my old man have caught fish (pollock) to 9lb on shore and bigger on the boat (look out to see if 'Alec,' is about doing trips), you're gonna catch a lot of fish. See if you can go sharking too, although your £30 rod and reel combo won't hack it! :hehe::thumb:

2. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

FINALLY got my Samsung Galaxy S2 today! :thumb:

3. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

Good stuff, it's a great phone; had mine for a while now and loving it.

4. Cheap Mod Wannabe

Cheap Mod Wannabe What's a Dremel?

Sigma 105/2.8
    [​IMG]

Also just got a BETA of DSLR Controller for Android tablet:
    [​IMG]

5. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Just bought, all in hardcover:

The Hobbit,
    The Fellowship of the Ring
    The Two Towers
    The Return of the King

Win.

6. bodkin

bodkin Overheating

indeed, luckily her majesties forces decided they like the cut of my jib :p

7. Kasowaree

Kasowaree What's a Dremel?

Just picked up a Vizio E370VA 37 inch HDTV to use with my computer. Love the picture on it. Also picked up Batgirl:The Flood and Terra trades plus The first Volume of the Shinji Ikari Rising Project. Depending on how things go at work this month I might finally be picking up some surround sound.

8. TheBlackSwordsMan

TheBlackSwordsMan Over the Hills and Far Away

2 x Adda 120mm FAN 300 to 2500RPM + 1 scythe bracket for my Mugen 2 ! SOON really SOON the Overclock will be UNLEASH !

9. CopperX

CopperX IT Support BOFH @ a Uni.

A 24-hour operator's chair from Staples for the best part of £270. Now means my replacement phone won't be coming till Oct but just as well since I want the 2nd gen WP7 phones :)

Why the hell do decent office chairs cost so sodding much?!?!

10. theevilelephant

theevilelephant Minimodder

A Macbook Air (13", 1.7Ghz i5, 4Gb Mem, 256Gb SSD) and a box of chocolate covered cornflake thingies.
    [​IMG]
    I'm loving the Air, this is my first prolonged experience with OS X and it is clear that I have a lot to learn. Only downside is that the CPU seems to get rather hot (60C watching video and 70-90C running EVE online) rather easily/quickly, no idea if that is normal or not.

The chocolate things are also delicious. :)

Edit: I feel I should add, before someone else does, that I am under no illusions that this is a laptop to play games on, it was just an example of a more resource hungry application.

11. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

We used a carp rod last year which was fine, just didn't catch a thing as the fish weren't biting. There were people there who fished everyday who also weren't catching. Apparently there was a lack of fish, :D

Not doing any boat fishing, we tried that one time, I think 2 years ago, and I caught pretty much nothing, whereas everyone around me was catching 3 or 4 fish on every pull up.

I've got some feather rigs, and a bunch of spinners. Might get some of those jelly eel things as I remember reading or hearing somewhere that they were good around the scillys.

Last year I was about 3m from a basking shark, at Tolman point, it was right next to the shore, amazing sight.

£30 rods not too bad, its carbon fibre, telescopic, and apparently has a nice action to it.
    I'm a very amateur angler anyway, so good enough for me.

Hopefully I'll catch 'something' this year, didn't even manage to get a wrasse last year, :D, all I caught was sunburn, :D

12. hirezo

hirezo Minimodder

awesome ^^ i didn't go for the antiglare screen as i don't get too much unwanted glare at my house :D i had the same idea, would've loved to go up to 8gb and get the ssd however they charge a fortune for something you could get for a third of the price :(

lol i can't say that the usb have been an issue so far, as i haven't used them too much yet. really loving the trackpad so i probably won't get a mouse for a long while, its absolutely awesome being able to go back and forth on the interweb so smoothly and its just a beautiful bit of kit :)

as for the keyboard shortcuts i am such a total noooob lol, i didn't realise how to do a hash for a good few days XD. but slowly getting there.

i don't know why people hate mac's so much they're great, why not own both aye? :D

13. hirezo

hirezo Minimodder

mmmm it could be because its a macbook air. i don't know how well the cooling works on them, but i remember when an engineer came over to fix my dell laptop and he was telling me that the stuff they fix the most are macbook airs because they overheat quite frequently (this was the first model air though, so fingers crossed they've fixed this by now)

the air is so bloody light, i bet you'd forget you were ever carrying that in your backpack hehe ^^

14. Stotherd-001

Stotherd-001 Minimodder

They don't have loads of money to waste on something with less power and less compatibility.

And generally its not the computers people hate, its the "Holier Than Thou" attitude of the owners.

15. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Minimodder

Zagg invisible shield for my phone: £8.20 gotta love staff discount

16. theevilelephant

theevilelephant Minimodder

Indeed and that attitude is terrifyingly prevalent in their retail stores. That being said this is by far the best laptop I've ever used, it's on (cold start) in about 10-12 seconds, responsive and a pleasure to use (of course it has the odd problem too). I probably would have been able to get a more powerful laptop for the same price, but a gift card combined with their higher education discount made it a pretty damn good deal.

17. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

Yeah, seems good so far. Still don't quite know what I'm going to use it for, though.

18. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

I've always wanted a Macbook Air so I could bootcamp W7 on it. Great innerts and a lovely design. The only thing comming close is some of the VAIO's that Sony produce but the quality of them is UTTER garbage.

19. identikit

identikit Minimodder

Got another bike...

Cannondale CAADX 5. Swapped the saddle for a Fizik Arione. Slapped some Speedplays on for commuting. Going to put some Specialized Phat bar tape on and maybe a Dura-Ace front dérailleur I've got lying around if I can be bothered. Nice bike overall, very responsive, mind you a 51cm frame should behave like a whippet. Gonna pound some cyclocross tracks this winter :)

20. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

Plain Faoxfake fur lined black hoodie £9.99... ebay :)
    gunna take me a full day sowing all my patch's on it :p