1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. bdigital

bdigital Is re-building his PC again

Awesome board, you wont be dissapointed

2. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

Should have enough money to order my GF's Xmas present next week! £101.90 with shipping.
    Hand made in the UK, Vegan, and need no maintenance. Been wearing mine almost everyday for a year.
    (mine are black with Green lace's)

[​IMG]

3. TheStockBroker

TheStockBroker Modder

Consider me disgusted.

4. dancingbear84

dancingbear84 error 404

I don't eat my shoes.

5. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

Where did you buy them from out of interest? I've not had to buy new shoes since going vegetarian but my smart work ones are starting to fall apart so might be looking at replacing them in the new year.

6. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

[​IMG];)

I'm off to the Christmas market in Manchester might buy a steak burger.

7. daverobson08

daverobson08 What's a Dremel?

The German Christmas market? It was crap last year, I'm sure it is getting smaller as time goes on.

8. Tibby

Tibby Back Once Again

Ditto.

And a HP Microserver for filestorage/media serving.

9. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

http://www.vegetarian-shoes.co.uk/

amazing shoes, but not cheap!
    http://www.vegetarian-shoes.co.uk/hiking_boots_-_safety_boots/ice_patrol_boot_black/13612_p.html
    I want to get them bad boys! they will be perfect for my cross country running though the winter! (i like to run in boots ok :p)

also try http://www.veganline.com/ , never used them my self but heard good things!

Also, Veganism has the same rights as religions in and out the work place, so please stop been childish.

Last edited: 25 Nov 2011
  10. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

God does not exist, when you die you rot in the ground so stop being childish & superstitious.
    Humans evolved as omnivores, we eat meat & plants so stop being childish & naive.

http://hartkeisonline.com/whole-and...l-vegetarians-who-say-eating-meat-is-immoral/

Your objections are noted, but they shall not be pandered to around this place, trust me... :lol:

11. nchhabs

nchhabs www.twitch.tv/dracaXL

I think this is a little harsh on Otis to be honest, he wasn't proselytising to anyone. I'm no vegan, nor am I religious, but he didn't come across trying to convert anyone to his point of view, he just stated one specific quality of the product he had bought.

12. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

We've had this debate, let it go already. Whether or not you think the choice is sound, it's not your money he's buying with.

13. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

True, but he did object to people not agreeing with his point of view ( on veganism )- as I said, everyone is entitled to their point of view, rightly or wrongly, but don't expect too many people to respect or pay any attention to it.

These debates have been done to death though for sure, so I'll just say; nice boots :)

14. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

FFS, sorry i have a hart instead of a swinging brick, this debate/argument has been done to death and is totally off topic, i didn't provoke anyone, yet 2-3 posts against me for using the one word vegan once on my post.

Im not religious...did i say i was?.. I do not believe in a god my self, but im sure plenty on this forum do, and find you comments hurtful, maybe you should think about that before clicking reply. Try and be a nice person and think of others.

If you want to talk about how much you hate Vegans and/or people that have a faith/religion ect, then make your own thread about it.

julianmartin and Guest-44432 like this.
  15. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Respect! +Rep!

16. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

New bed sheets,
    Chino's,
    Options hot chocolate.

17. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

An honest question, why buy specifically vegan shoes? There are shoes made by various shoemakers which don't use leather simply because of their design or aesthetics. Peace of mind knowing that it for sure doesn't use leather? Don't want to support shoemakers who use leather on other products? Just like the quality and style of the brand?

Full support for you choosing to not have animals killed for your clothing, I wear leather products myself but can certainly see where you're coming from. But the poor college student in me wonders if perhaps you could be getting better deals.

18. Canon

Canon Reformed

We ourselves only have rights because we have developed complex civilizations and societies, other than that we are flesh and bone, we kill it, we eat it.

If it wasn't for the hunter gatherers being HUMAN and killing animals, developing ways to butcher them and efficiently extract the nutritious meat then you wouldn't be alive today.

That's just my take on the 'poor animals' thing.

It's 'heart' too, and one day, that heart is possibly going to rot in the ground and be eaten by other animals, like our distant ancestors who are not conscious beings.

19. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

20. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

I choose these boots because they are high quietly, well made, and use no animal products in there production.
    There are cheaper options for shoes, like my work/job interview shoes that only cost me £15 from shoes-zone, by chance they didn't use leather, but instead synthetic replacement. But Theres are the best Doc style boots with slealy's i can find.

Canon, if you wish to go totally off topic then please make a new thread :)
    Its wouldn't be fair to turn this "Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0" thread into "i hate vegans" thread now would it.