1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Latest Steam & General Gaming Bargains: Read first post!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by AshT, 1 Dec 2009.

1. Aterius Gmork

Aterius Gmork smell the ashes

They've removed part of this DRM sheme so your game doesn't crash if you loose your internet connection for a second. You still need internet connection to start the game or save though, and the save file cloud of Ubisoft still seems to be an utter pile of crap that doesn't work most of the time. I really don't get why every publisher out there wants his own online DRM sheme. Valve does a good job on theirs' and has a game cloud that actually works for once, so why not use that instead?

2. Canon

Canon Reformed

The Far Cry 2 Map Editor was worth the money, not so sure about the game itself however.

3. markbrett64

markbrett64 thanks to denial I am now immortal

So is the sale about to end or is there another day?

EDIT: 6pm GMT arrived and answered my question.

4. murraynt

murraynt Modder

Just a recap as already expected.

5. Matticus

Matticus ...

So what is up with all these "Not available in your region" rubbish I am seeing? Is this to make the rest of Europe feel better for once :hehe:

Edit: Just restarted steam and the stalker bundle is now available for GTA IV isn't. Strange...

6. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

Is that on GTA?
    It seems to be an error on the main page, if you go to the page through the separate tab it works as normal.

7. Matticus

Matticus ...

Ah yes, it is just an error on the main page.

Might have to pick up killing floor this time.

8. markbrett64

Dilemma now... GTA IV and NWN 2 or the Rockstar pack... I have a lot of games I have yet to start, so can't really justify both... plus there are those March pre-orders I made... :idea:

9. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

Yup... GTA IV is listed as "Not available in your region" here as well. Funny thing, as it was available a couple of days ago... :p

Ah well... Nothing for me to "recap". However, if someone needs me gifting something, just PM me.

10. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

And not even a decent recap at that. I was hoping for something special for the last day.
    Also, Stalker and GTA4 offers are "not available in your region" today for me, despite being available on other days. If I didn't already have both I'd be more than a bit pissed off at that.

Between retarded regional price differences and even more retarded regional game/offer availability I start to wonder if Valve have lost a bit of their spine in dealing with the publishers.
    Asking to have my cake and eat it too by hoping to get cheaper-than-retail prices on every Steam title? Maybe, but that's hardly unreasonable given the reduced publishing costs of digital distribution. :sigh:

Either way, my wallet now breathes a sigh of relief and I have a few new games waiting to be played, so with the above grievances aside it's been an okay sale.
    I think I'd have gotten more out of it if I didn't already have most of the titles on offer. :p

11. markbrett64

It's a fault on the main page... if you go to the product pages, the games are available at the previous sale prices.

12. murraynt

murraynt Modder

I'm getting it aswel. Must be a Europe thing.

13. tyepye

tyepye Minimodder

So the final recap is as expected but has anyone found any gems in the regular sale that are worth getting?

14. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

Anyone have any non-special daily deal offer sale games, they'd recommend to get before the sale ends tomorrow?

I've looked at Silverfall and while it looked nice the controls sucked. Another game I've looked at is Twin Sector. Doesn't look half-bad and is a bit reminiscent of Portal. Both games have demos, by the way.

LOL! Ninja'ed by tyepye... :p

15. Whirly

Whirly What's a Dremel?

I'm looking at the stalker bundle for £3.00 but I already got the original stalker. Question is, can you buy a pack and gift or sell one of the games to someone else?

16. markbrett64

In only a very few cases... and sadly that isn't one of them.

You need to consult the Extra Copies Support Article on Steam.

17. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

I see that, and refreshing the main deals page has fixed it there too. The principle remains, however, even if it's not directly affecting me/us. The functionality is there and the deals page has a caveat warning on it about not all games being available in all regions. It's annoying that a digital distribution platform on the internet like Steam is hampered by offline regional boundaries.

Now, maybe there's a good, practical reason for it; but I can't help but think it's more likely down to business, market-control and pricing as with region-locked DVDs and console games.

18. pimonserry

pimonserry sounds like a party.

Bought Killing Floor.

:lol:

Edit: Bit annoyed, the Killing Floor sale page implies Killing Floor + DLCs for £3.75 (which I just bought by clicking the ShoppingCart+ in the corner) but it's actually £4.86 to get all the DLCs with it, and so if you don't click through to the perma-page for Killing Floor you don't find out about the DLC.

Meh.

19. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

The only two offers that stand out to me that seemed to be left off the main page are:

The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom - 90% off (£0.39)
    Avencast: Rise of the Mage - 50% off (£3.49)

20. markbrett64

Agree... I suspect it's just as frustrating for them however, laws in some countries don't permit sales of certain products.