1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Latest Steam & General Gaming Bargains: Read first post!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by AshT, 1 Dec 2009.

1. TheKrumpet

TheKrumpet Once more, into the breach!

Yeah... turns out I was thinking of a different game. Yes, Blur itself is pretty good. I'm a terrible person and apparently can't read.

EDIT: Anyone know if Cities XL is worth a crack?

2. Zeus-Nolan

Zeus-Nolan Minimodder

I looked at Railworks 3 for a friend then died at the price of the DLC "£1165.13 ADD ALL DLC TO CART"

3. TheKrumpet

TheKrumpet Once more, into the breach!

You can get it as a bundle with all the DLC for £200... bargain :rolleyes:

4. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

I am tempted by Cities XL 2012 - I just know it's not going to be as good as Sim City though...

5. Zeus-Nolan

Zeus-Nolan Minimodder

ahaha :), some nice little cheap spends here (I like those more, card is drying up)

6. murraynt

murraynt Modder

Nothing again :(

7. oblivion181

oblivion181 What's a Dremel?

I have a copy of frozen synapse if anyone is interested.

Blazza181 likes this.
  8. Blazza181

Blazza181 SVM PLACENTA CASEI

For trade?

9. CrazyJoe

CrazyJoe Modder

Saints Row 3 with DLC/season pass for £14.99 on the THQ store.

Don't forget to take the THQ's extended download service out of the cart, it's a Steamworks game anyway.

10. oblivion181

oblivion181 What's a Dremel?

Um, just to give away, PM me a steam account and I will send it. (Can it be someone who is active on the forums not just someone who created an account to get a free game, thank you. :))

azrael- likes this.
  11. Jaybles

Jaybles Minimodder

Servers are being terrible again. I'm trying to buy things! You would have thought that they would want my money! There servers being whiney bitches is only gonna piss me off and they ain't gonna get my money.

12. Ficky Pucker

Ficky Pucker I

bought orcs must die (and the DLC) + all DLC for batman arkham city (ok i lied, i didn't buy robin) so far.

13. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

Stop lying! You bought several copies of the Robin DLC to spring on your unsuspecting friends at most inappropriate times! :p

14. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

What is Cities XL like? Screenshots make it look amazing!

15. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

Just a reminder that Saints Row The Third is 50% off on the THQ store until the end of December 24th, great deal at £15.

http://store.thq.com/store/thq/en_GB/pd/Saints-Row-The-Third/productID.233244200

About £5 cheaper than Steam.
    You also get the Professor Genki's Pre-Order Pack and DLC season pass on the THQ site as well.

Oh, just a quick bit of advice: If you buy from THQ's store, you'll want to back up your download as they have a pretty lame download system and ask for more money if you want them to backup your download on their systems for an extra two years. :\
    Never mind, been told you can add the key to Steam to download... stupid THQ trying to be sneaky and force people to use their system...

Edit:
    As for the talk of Cities XL.
    It's quite buggy and has a couple of issues with lag at times but all in all it's a decent game (well I say game... it's a city simulator in a partly broken sandbox environment). Somewhat similar to Sim City though shinier and more realistic and pretty much goes above and beyond what Sim City could do in a lot of areas (namely building complex cities)... however it really is a giant sandbox as the gameplay side of it is a bit of a let down. You'll constantly find yourself investing countless hours into building a city only to eventually discover you could have done something else to make life easier, then you'll scrap your initial plans and start all over to have it happen all over again.
    If you've played the earlier Cities XL 2011 then you'll find that you are playing pretty much the exact same game with very minor tweaks, with the single benefit that there have been a heap of performance improvements since that terrible release.

On a side note, the game can get insanely difficult when you start trying to manage a large city or multiple towns.

Last edited: 24 Dec 2011
  16. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

How can they get away with this? It's a Steamworks game - it's available for download for as long as there is Steam surely? I bought the code and downloaded it on Steam - if I deleted it, I could download it again tomorrow.

17. CrazyJoe

CrazyJoe Modder

The THQ store give you a Steam key, just ignore their useless download thing, like I mentioned above:

18. flibblesan

flibblesan Destroyer

Cheers for the THQ Saints Row link. Stupidly bought the game through Steam yesterday but just bought it from THQ for the DLC since it still works out cheaper to pay £15 for the DLC. Going to give the extra copy of Saints Row to a friend (It's Christmas!)

19. October

October Mariachi Style

Bought Dark Sector, looks like fun =] I bought Section 8 aaaages ago and have still never installed it...wonder if its fun...

20. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

o_O I didn't realise it was a Steamworks game, wtf are THQ doing asking for extra money for extended download security... *shaky fist*