1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Latest Steam & General Gaming Bargains: Read first post!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by AshT, 1 Dec 2009.

1. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

Get FO:NV UE! Get it NOOOOOOW!!!!! :D

2. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

In other news here's what I bought this sale.

Oh, and I fully intend to get that Dungeons & Dragons Ultimate Pack over at GameStop/Impulse for $17. That's just too good value not to get.

The purchase I'm currently most happy about must be FO:NV UE. When that one came up in a Flash Sale last Tuesday I nearly jumped out of my chair at work in pure joy. Absolut instabuy for me, considering how much I loved FO3 GOTY.

Last edited: 23 Jul 2012
  3. markbrett64

markbrett64 thanks to denial I am now immortal

Bah! I missed it... guess I will play the others until the Christmas Sale....

4. Metaporic

Metaporic Minimodder

The Last Remnant at 75% off from Greenman Gaming. Not sure how much longer is left for the deal but its worth checking out as you wont really get it for any cheaper, ive tried.

The game itself is one you will either hate or love tbh, the combat is complex to the point of being off-putting but it will reward you for learning the ins and outs and you can really get caught up in learning the system, perhaps a bit like Monster Hunter in that regards.

The story itself is standard JRPG cheesiness, though it has likeable characters (not including the protagonist whos clearly on some sort of constant high).

Graphics are aright, fairly hit and miss, at some points they seem like something taken straight off a older PS2 game, while at other times they certainly impress and the overall feel of environments and art direction make up for some sub-par graphics I think.

If your into JRPG's or want something new however the games worth checking out for the combat system alone.

5. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

Thanks for the info. It's been 75% off on STEAM several times also, but I've never been able to decide if it's a game for me or not. :)

6. Metaporic

Metaporic Minimodder

the base price at Greenman is a lot lower I should add, so it comes out at 2.49, however unfortunately just checking, it seems since I posted the deal has ended.

7. tyepye

tyepye Minimodder

My games bought this sale were:

Legend of Grimrock
    Trine 2
    Alice Madness Returns
    Alan Wake Pack
    Payday: The Heist
    Theif Bundle
    Witcher Bundle
    Longest Journey Bundle
    Bulletstorm
    ARMA 2: CO

£60.20 Total

Steam wins again :p

Last edited: 24 Jul 2012
  8. Pieface

Pieface Modder

Games I bought:

Saints Row The Third
    Lego Harry Potter 1-4.

Yeah..

9. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

During the sale I picked up:

Fallout: New Vegas £3.74
    Splinter Cell Conviction £3.24
    Batman Arkham City £6.79
    Splice Sound Track Edition £4.49
    Oil Rush + DLC £8.48
    Trine 2 £5.99

Total £32.73

I got FO NV in the final flash sale after initially deciding not to bother with it.
    Also, I would not have bothered with Conviction were it not for the co-op, at that price it’s worth the risk if we get a few hours of co-op fun.

Just before the sale but still on discount I purchased:

Syndicate £7.49 (Origin)
    Arma Op arrow head £9.99
    L.A. Noire Complete Edition £6.24

Total 23.72

I regret all 3 of those ironically.

Syndicate was bought for co-op fun but 2 of the intended 4 of us going to get it became available to get it within the discount window. Having completed the 4-5 hour SP and realising how poorly bolted on the co-op is (there appears to be no option for the 2 of us to group together and match make with an additional 2 players) I don’t think we will get much out of it.

Arrow Head was bought for Dayz after a well meaning but mistaken friend randomly gifted me a copy of Arma 2. After the wow of a brutal survival game I am left with a bug ridden mess, that while Can be very fun, is also very time consuming for all the wrong reasons. Arma vanilla also does not interest me so it will be interesting to see if this is one of those slow burn appreciations.

LA Noir, while it was fun initially and the facial animation system is very good, the whole game becomes repetitive quickly, then you start to see all the bad limitations in the game design, how clunky and consolofied the whole engine is and controls are.
    Worst bang for buck award still goes to Syndicate however!!!

I am happy as a pig in the mud with the rest of them though, even Fallout NV which I was very sceptical about.

10. Darkfibre314

Darkfibre314 What's a Dremel?

X3 at a pretty good price on steam, terran conflict + albion prelude for a fiver. Niche games, but on the whole enjoyable.

11. Aterius Gmork

Aterius Gmork smell the ashes

There is an indie music bundle available at http://www.humblebundle.com/ :)

Didn't know where to put this so I thought I'd just post in this thread. Some of the songs are quite good. I like the Jonathan Coulton album, the guy who wrote 'Still Alive'.

12. Whirly

Whirly What's a Dremel?

Indie Gala bundle now up. Seems like a good collection of strategy games:

Pay what you want for:

Rig'n'Roll
    Space Rangers
    Reign: Conflict of Nations

Or more than $6.47 to get the bonus games:

Death to Spies
    Death to Spies: Moment of Truth
    King's Bounty: Armored Princess
    UFO: Afterlight

All are Steam keys, btw, so not DRM free. Oh, and there will be 2 bonuses added next week.

13. Metaporic

Metaporic Minimodder

Gamersgate Summer Sale is currently running http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/summersale. Most of the sale prices are a bit iffy, however a few titles like titan Quest Gold for 1.99 and Lord of the rings War in the North for 7.50 are good deals.

Oh and if you've not noticed Greenman Gaming has been running a series of 24 hour deals where upcoming games are discounted for pre order. Currently its Borderlands 2 for 19.99

14. loftie

loftie Multimodder

Had a look at that, and I was going to purchase but I can't see anywhere if it's eligible for the pre-order bonuses. It's written on the digital copy but not the physical one

15. Metaporic

Metaporic Minimodder

Im not sure really. Not bought it myself so cant say from experience.

According to Gematsu - http://gematsu.com/2012/05/borderlands-2-limited-editions-pre-order-bonuses-announced

"Consumers who pre-order the game (any edition) will gain access to the Borderlands 2 Premiere Club, allowing them to download"

Also the official Borderlands 2 site seems to suggest that its for anyone who pre-orders, no matter the format, stating that you gain access to the premier club by pre-ordering and gain a set of bonuses that match up with those of GMG, so I assume its some kinda code that is provided or something for pre-ordering.

http://www.borderlands2.com/preorder/uk.html

Anywho that's what a some searching brought up, don't shoot me if im wrong haha.

Last edited: 31 Jul 2012
  16. loftie

loftie Multimodder

Naaa no-one would, it's still a nice find :p The fault lies with GMG, I've asked them on FB, and so has someone else and although they've answered other questions they haven't answered that one.

Edit: considering it's £25 on game, i might just get it from there since it comes with creature dome too

Last edited: 31 Jul 2012
  17. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

QuakeCon weekend on STEAM. All of Bethesda's and ID Software's games a whopping 25% off (that was sarcasm btw). But, as they state, "exclusions apply". For instance, there's no discount on the upcoming Dishonored. Feel free to preorder that at 49.99 EUR.

Today's special deal is Skyrim, btw. Get it at 50% off for 24.99 EUR, 29.99 USD or 17.49 GBP.

18. Showerhead

Showerhead What's a Dremel?

Don't believe Dawnguard has money off either.

19. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Well at least you can buy it :D. "Not available in your region" says STEAM. "What, there is a DLC and you want to buy it?" says local distributor with surprised face.

20. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

I'm sure someone would help by gifting it to you. It's 13.99 GBP, 19.99 USD or 19.99 EUR (quelle surprise). I'll gladly help out if you want.