1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Latest Steam & General Gaming Bargains: Read first post!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by AshT, 1 Dec 2009.

1. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Saved me some money, :D, haven't bought anything so far in the steam sale, only reason I go back on each day is to get the three trading cards.
    I'd usually end up buying something I didn't really need from the flash sales in previous sales, :D

2. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

+1 for this. Big mistake Steam have made not having the flash sale. My wallet has had an easy Christmas as not a thing bought.

3. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

The only things that I picked up in the sale so far were a couple of random gifts for friends, any games I've bought for myself have been through over retailers (Amazon/Green Man Gaming mostly).

4. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

I actually prefer the new sale system. I logged on, bought a few games that were on my wish list and job done. No worrying about whether or not the games would drop further in price later on.

5. oscy

oscy Modder

There's no difference for me whether they show a game from the start or show it a bit later, so this is far more convenient. The problem is that Steam sales stopped being Steam sales a few years ago, this appears to be the year a lot more people are realising it's not great. First GOG, now even Green Man Gaming is getting attention over Steam.

6. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Yeah, same with me, much prefer this new format. Just logged in at the start of the sale, picked up Subnautica and Insurgency which I've wanted for a while and job done. No dicking about waiting for a flash sale etc.

7. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

Subnautica is very cool!

8. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Just received Insurgency as a present from one of my LAN night buddies; he bought the 4 pack on special to get the core guys started.
    Nice surprise, I look forward to playing it.

9. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

I also prefer this new sales approach. That said, I've not bought anything so far :D I'm actively trying to not buy anything new until I work through my backlog of uncompleted (and in some cases entirely unplayed) games.

Of course, I cracked during the previous Steam sale and bought two games: Wolfenstein: the New Order (which I have now completed, twice) and Cook, Serve, Delicious! (which I've not even opened yet).

10. Stanley Tweedle

Stanley Tweedle NO VR NO PLAY

Subnautica is no go at the moment.

The developer has disabled VR because of the fecking MAC platform and unity. Because developer insists on compiling only one version between both platforms. Everything is broken on the fecking MAC. My wife has one and I have IOS + android. My android is perfectly stable. IOS always has some app crashing even the pre-installed IOS ones!

So because of a unity bug on MAC. PC VR users now have VR disabled on the game.

11. Stanley Tweedle

Agree. Very rare I buy a game on the big steam sales now. Might pick up the odd bargain through the year but the sales aren't like they used to be. The more Valve grows... The more the sales shrink.

12. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

I don't have VR, or plan to, so the lack of working VR does not bother or affect me or take away from how cool Subnautica is.

13. Stanley Tweedle

No plans for VR... sad to hear. Missing out there.

14. Stanley Tweedle

So I purchased Crysis + Warhead bundle on steam. I already have crysis 2 and 3 but never purchased 1.

Playing with Vorpx in VR.

15. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Thought this would be the first sale with zero purchase but bought Batman Arkham Origins and Dead Rising 3 both for just over a tenner.

16. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

I have bought several titles and for all requested a refund on them. Maybe 2 hours of gameplay is short to make your mind up but i had a good idea i wouldnt like the games i got, which were

The escapists
    Prison Architect
    Ark survival
    Cities Skylines
    SW Battlefront (origin but still got a refund)

I like the refund idea, i see it as a short demo of the game before asking for my money back.

So in short not actually bought anything, maybe a pointless post :lol:

17. Stanley Tweedle

My friend has spent more than 900 hours on Ark Survival. He loves it.

Steam refund is great. I've used it a lot because very few games have demos. Also sometimes it's because a game lists VR support and it doesn't work (less and less an issue these days).

18. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

I wanted to like ARK but my biggest fallback is I play alone 99% of the time. So making a tribe was going to be a challenge alone, i think i struggle to interact with people i don't know, maybe a little shy with voice comms? i don't know. I would enjoy games more if I would simply "get on with it"

19. Stanley Tweedle

I'm pretty much the same way. That's why this "multi-crew ship" thing in Star Citizen or future Elite update doesn't interest me. I'm a loner. There have been games where I've played alongside a friend and rarely with voice comm. Battlefield 3 was one game I played with voice with one friend for a while.

I play Elite with a friend sometimes but no voice comms yet.

Tribe community doesn't appeal to me in Ark. If I can play it as a loner I might give it a go.

20. oscy

oscy Modder

Discovered a site that keeps popping up with cheap deals and sales called http://www.thegamecollection.net

Destiny Taken King Legendary Super Mega Combo Ultimate Director's Cut Edition on PS4 or Xbox One is under £22 right now. I also got Killzone Shadow Fall for under £7, to go with that PS4 for £199 at Game I got.

They also do the old reward points system, so you get a little discount each time you buy.