1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electronics LCD from cell phone, how to wire?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by null_x86, 14 Feb 2009.

1. null_x86

null_x86 Thread Closer

hey i got a bum motorola that i am gutting, and i was going to re-use the LCDs in it and was wondering how do i wire them up to my laptop? I am sure that the main cable is the orange ribbon cable with a plug on the end... so any help is appreciated...
    thanks!

2. waynespartan

waynespartan New Member

3. null_x86

null_x86 Thread Closer

thats for nokias... not what i need...
    my phones a motorola razr
    it looks like this
    [​IMG]
    im just going to hack into my case so it can display some basic info, but how do i wire it on? Im assuming i have to use USB?

4. ch424

ch424 Design Warrior

Please can you post a higher resolution photo so that we can see what numbers are printed on the controller? You're not going to be able to wire that up via USB without programming a microcontroller to interface with it.

5. null_x86

null_x86 Thread Closer

i dont have a marco lens, so bare with the quality on it... the lutters/numbers on the ribbon cable are:
    8471898C01_C
    MFC 4306

as you can see the case is still on it, cause i lost my torx screwdriver... so im ripping the metal back...
    hope the pic helps
    [​IMG]

6. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

Short answer, don't bother trying.

The controllers for these LCD's are complex and unless your an electronics wiz or google throws up a guide you won't be able to do it easily.

The only thing I could find on teh Razr screen is http://forum.lcdinfo.com/viewtopic.php?t=2328 and it basically says the same thing as me, it's not worth the time unless you have the data sheet and the right controller to drive it.

If I was you I would buy an LCD from www.matrixorbital.com as they are compatible with Windows and there is plenty of software available for them.

7. Cosmot

Cosmot New Member