1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding LCD screen from DVD player (Help Wanted)

Discussion in 'Modding' started by modmaster, 23 Mar 2004.

1. modmaster

modmaster What's a Dremel?

Hiya everyone,

my frind has just give me an DVD player that he no longer needs, but i also have a DVD player so it is not that much use to me either. Anyway, it has a small LCD screen in the front, as do all videos and DVD players ETC.. Anyway my question is, CAn i get it to work in my PC ???

here are a few pictures:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

as you can c in the last pic, here are the pins for it, there are 13 pins, and i was wondering if it is at all possible to conect it to my free com port??.

In PC Utilities this month, they are showing you how 2 make a WINAMP controler for the serial port using those little buttons that are on that LCD board, no i was thinking surly it must be possbile to modify that a little but and get it going, ne way any help would be apreciated. :thumb:

2. Tt Ownage

Tt Ownage What's a Dremel?

it looks like a VFD to meh :p

http://www.noritake-elec.com/all_standard_tubes.htm

anyways.. i m not sure if tere is a way to hook it up to your pc becuz it's basically a custom 7 segmented VFD

and even if you do get hooked up correctly.. i doubt you can use LCDC or anything in such to get it working with it...

3. tm36usa

tm36usa What's a Dremel?

I dont think its gonna work. The lcd looks like a segment display like one in calculartor or in digital clock. I dont think it has an onboard controler. It also looks like it has words that would light up.