1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Lean and Green - 15-12-14 - as complete as it's going to get

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Waynio, 28 Jan 2012.

1. Carrie

Carrie Multimodder

Waynio, sorry but I can't comply with your request though because, whilst I understand what you're trying to do, whoever they are who are "playing silly b****rs" they are not going to get me to commit a travesty! You know and we all know you're one of the best modders on this forum, the elite tier.

Frankly the term "modder" doesn't do justice to what you, and the likes of abbas-it, Attila etc., do.

Last edited: 21 Nov 2012
  2. Wissel

Wissel What's a Dremel?

Your build was one of the first really original build's I started following (originally on another forum) in the summer. It's one of the builds that got me thinking about modding then eventually trying it myself (and also finding this forum).

Whenever you put yourself in the public domain you are going to get jealousy from less talented, less intelligent, individuals. I guess your just having a bad day but you can't let a small number of idiots ever get to you.

I hadn't voted with the stars thing on this thread as I don't pay any attention to the rating myself, but I have today and couldn't give you any less than 5 stars.

Builds like yours are what inspire people

3. sixfootsideburns

sixfootsideburns modeteer

dude, your build is top notch but you need to accept that your never going to please everyone. I know you say the ratings don't matter to you but they clearly do otherwise you wouldn't be posting about it. I completely understand the difficulty in having your work downsized after spending so much time on it, but sometimes thats just the way it goes.

You have to get over it man. Keep building because its something you want and love to do, not because your trying to please everyone else. Clearly the vast majority of the forums appreciates your work, but the sooner you let it go the better it will end up for you. To be completely honest, I think lots of us don't use the rating system at all. I know that I for one have never given a rating to any build-log on this site. and I've been a member for almost four years.

And above all else, always remember...

[​IMG]

4. Balder

Balder Calmer than a monk on morphine

Been awhile since I commented, since I rarely do, but please dont stop posting, It was so close and I demand to see the end result!

5. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

[​IMG]
    don't let some scrotty little dipsh!t ruin something you love.

6. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

One last thing because I owe it, sorry to all the decent bit-techers that made it worth coming here for.

I'll be continuing this elsewhere, shouldn't be hard to find.

7. Carrie

Carrie Multimodder

So you're going to allow a few individuals who obviously can't appreciate something special to drive you off elsewhere?

Btw by my reckoning at it stands right now you'd need the next 235 additional people to vote you 1 star for your plan to work - to get it down to 1 star - not very likely

Last edited: 21 Nov 2012
  8. Mosquito

Mosquito Just 'Plane' Crazy

...Really?:eyebrow:

9. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

Ah, we may have a problem, I just read the head line for one star. Unfortunatly I 5 stared it again,, Oh bum..lol

Don't let the haters get you down mate, it's all sour grapes because you're better than them...Simples

10. Mosquito

Mosquito Just 'Plane' Crazy

I don't get what would be so hard about removing the stars... I mean, #threadrating{display:none;} is a simple work around until they actually do something about it.

It's not like this is the only mod this issue has occurred on.

11. C4B12

C4B12 Minimalistic PC's

Oh no Waynio, there will always be haters. Dont care about them, we are many here on Bittech that can say that you are on of the "big" ones. So stay! You have always been an inspiration.

12. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

The star system is complete B*****ks your work is among the best there is.

13. Ragequit

Ragequit What's a Dremel?

Wayne. Don't let anyone put you down, your workmanship is among the top, and so are your walls of text. When i started reading logs yours were of my favorites, i would hate to see you stop posting because of some random asshats. DONT GO.

14. The_Gnu

The_Gnu 8-bit addict

You got 186 000 views, a bunch of subscribers and supporters and you decide to listen to the negative ones and shut down your log? I will say the same as everyone else. There will always be haters, no matter where you go.

This community is about sharing ideas, something that you have been doing exceptionally. I would never have thought a scroll saw could be used to do all this. Focus on the ones who actually care and keep this log going. Would hate to see it and you disappear.

15. ShinyAli

ShinyAli What's a Dremel?

I know you have been pushing yourself pretty hard to get this build completed so take some time out and regroup, I can be very obsessive when I start on building m/cycles, PC's and it's not until something goes wrong that I realize I really need a break, the forum and the people that follow your builds will still be here ;)

16. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Dear mods, can we please have as many details as you have on the perpetrators, so we can find them and burn them. Or alternatively, we could do Chinese water torture with acid so it slowly burns a hole through their tiny head.

Cheers

17. quizz_kid

quizz_kid Squid

Read the comments and don´t leave... Whatever´s in your mind, leaving here would be beyond error. Maybe you need a break, but think of your loving fans... like me :)

18. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Sheeeeet metal :lol: but thanks for giving a sheet. :D

I couldn't resist peeking, guess it's because this place does mean something to me. :)

I'm not demotivated to finish this & all my future projects, I was just getting heavily demotivated to post it here, tends to anger me more than anywhere else I post.

The rating was just 1 too many unanswered jabs, most of the community here & the staff are all awesome, it's the ones who are here just to support certain people at competition time I expect, there will be many people with no interest in modding in this community, think about it, you know that's the truth, I could easily call on thousands to come & support me but I choose not to because of the ill effect it would have here with them not having a real interest in this, I'm mature enough to know this.

Anyway I entered modding with no knowledge or desire for competitions so I continue like that, I'll contact Antony right away though to let him know to keep me off competitive modders list which I think they need to make, really it's no loss to me because I'd never win without calling for external support & that's something I'd never do due to the ill after effects as well as it being cheating.

Not bothered about doing front page articles neither after some of the comments on recent ones, disrespectful sheet, modders don't get paid for those, if they were maybe it would be worth the effort, maybe.

You want me to complete this here I will, I'll just opt back out of competition & hopefully I don't get as annoyed & get in better spirits without drinking loads of spirits lol, see, already working this out lol. :D

I'll go forward not giving a sheet about any things that was bothering me, that did come at real bad timing though, when I was straining myself to meet a deadline so hope that is understood & the rating now, how could I care about that after asking for everyone to 1 star me. :D:thumb:

19. Pranja

Pranja Blackwolf

Waynio is back!!! :clap::clap::clap:

And please,don't ever leave again. :waah:

Waynio likes this.
  20. craig - toyoracer

craig - toyoracer Minimodder

Wayne :duh: ... :hehe::hehe: I hope you really have gotten over this and now can build for the sheer fun of it. :) That's all that really matters and of course our fine praise :D

So my friend have a round

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISmgOrhELXs

and tomorrow it's back to the basement to Play :clap::clap::clap:

Waynio likes this.