1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Learning to Touchtype.

Discussion in 'General' started by Atomic, 6 Jan 2005.

?

Can you touchtype?

1. Yes.

81.8%
  2. No. (Hunt-and-peck method)

18.2%
  1. ouija

ouija Trust me, I am doctor!

I think the poll is a bit restrictive... that is that No is stated as the "hunt and peck" method. Where many people who can't/don't touch type can type very fast.

I can touch type, but I can also type accurately at 94WPM when I don't...

2. Lovah

Lovah Apple and Canon fanboy

Are you sure about that? 94WPM is awefully fast. Use the test I posted earlier.

english: http://typera.tk/applet.cws?language=en
    dutch: http://typera.tk/applet.cws?language=du

I got "Your score: 404 keys per minute ~ 80 words per minute". With touchtyping. Only made 3 mistakes.

Now... I'd like to see you hit 475 keys per minute at 94 words per minute. WITHOUT touchtyping.

Seems a bit fast, tbh.
    L

3. GMan

GMan Minimodder

I can touch type but since I learned on real typewriters I tend to hit the keys on keyboards way too hard. I also find that my left hand is on the home row but my right hands kinda floats - I think that's probably from using a keypunch and teletype way back (I'm not really that old, we just had old equipment then - 70's -80's).

4. scoob8000

scoob8000 Wheres my plasma cutter?

Same here I type with pretty good accuracy without looking, but I don't type anything like they teach you at school.. I think my right 3 fingers are dedicated to the backspace key.. :)

Agreed, there is nothing more lazy. If someone talks to me like that I make them talk normal or I won't talk to them..

5. purepope

purepope Banned

i can only do it on the newish keyboards (i make alot of mistakes on the old ones) and i hate the keyboards that split like have a 10cm gap in the mide to split rite from left man there anoying, i can type the same thing over and over so fast that on some online games they report me for using a *auto typer* auto text* auto talk* auto sell* fhkin idiots

6. ouija

Yes, I'm sure. My maximum tested speed with 100% accuracy is 94WPM.

7. ouija

I had a quick look at that java typing test, I don't think the person who wrote it speaks English as a first language. There are various grammar and punctuation errors, such as the use of the word "And" at the start of a sentence, and using a fullstop/period after a comma.

8. Lovah

I believe that you can type at 94wmp (your max speed). While touch typing. But you stated ' but I can also type accurately at 94wpm when I don't ' as quoted above.

And I found that hard to believe.
    But nevermind, we're taking this too far.
    I believe you, if you say you can.

L

9. ouija

My touchtyping speed is slower than when I don't touchtype. Lol, what does it matter if you don't believe me? :eyebrow:

10. Halgy3000

Halgy3000 Minimodder

I learned to type in school pretty well. I can't type incredibly fast, but I do it about 50 wpm with few mistakes.

PEACE

11. malcs

malcs oops! i put a hole in the ***** :(

as i consistently used MS natural keyboards for about 3 or 4 years... i have learned to touchtype fully, my hands sit naturally on the home keys and i can type at speed without looking at the keyboard with a very low error rate.

however, from too much CounterStrike, when im using the mouse, my left hand automatically sits on WSAD space ctrl :)

12. Tim S

Tim S OG

I just played for 9hrs straight :D

oops - time flies when you're having fun in good ol' 1.6 :worried:

13. Lovah

It doesn't mather. I just wanted to quit the arguing as it isn't/wasn't going anywhere.

Nevermind the whole thing.

:p L