1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding LED and LED holders

Discussion in 'Modding' started by _-..zKiLLA..-_, 7 Jan 2010.

1. _-..zKiLLA..-_

_-..zKiLLA..-_ What's a Dremel?

Where can i get these? what i wanna do is put maybe 5 or 6 leds in a row underneath the top plastic cover on the CM690, im gonna cut out the stock 2 grills that are inside the top. not the mesh but the actual grills.

Picture:

[​IMG]

what do you think? :D

2. sentek

sentek What's a Dremel?

mvagusta likes this.
  3. MarkW7

MarkW7 Total Noob

you can buy LED's off the bay.

4. Matticus

Matticus ...

I know you said about cutting the fan slots away, to let the fans "hang through"

But here are my findings without having to cut the cases roof.

20mm thickness (yate do some of these) may fit underneath with a big of a bulge, but you are better off getting some scythe slipstream slim, as they are only 12mm.

Right now onto pictures, the top of my cm690 used to look like this:
    [​IMG]
    This was with the 20mm yate loons, and it was quite hard to clip the roof back on.

It now has a 5mm acrylic "step up" so the grill sits higher up, and using some rubber washers to make it float about another 1mm (0.5mm between roof and acrylic, 0.5mm between acrylic and grill. I can now get regular 25mm fans in. (Oh and my "runners" are black now, gone for the stealth look)

So you either need a grill and a step up like me, or you could carry on cutting the roof.

Just some suggestions :thumb:

As for LEDs, phenoptix as already been suggested are very good. They do some good prewired for 12 volt LEDs. So all you need to do is get a spare molex connector to cannibalise or fan connect etc, and just wire them to that. Much easier than messing with the resistors yourself.

If you do wire them up, I would suggest you do 3 or 4 each side, and wire them into the sides of the inside of the top panel. So they emit the light from the edges of the fans, would look madness.

mvagusta likes this.
  5. MarkW7

MarkW7 Total Noob

6. Nanosec

Nanosec absit iniuria verbis

have you looked at www.besthongkong.com ? they have lots and lots of different things and might have what you want/need.