1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding LED Controllers

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Darkraven, 12 Dec 2010.

1. Darkraven

Darkraven What's a Dremel?

Is there anyone willing to explain to me how to make a simple led seguence controller ? Bit out of my line.

I have one light bar I'm making with 4 5mm white leds that I'd like to sequence in a few simple patterns and run thru switch for stay on/ off and controller for sequences, or something like that

And making new case feet and want 6 3mm white leds in them with sequence, like 3 would again do.

Nothiing buyable seems to fit the bill. The one I have made w/5mm blue is too bright so am assuming going to have to drop the voltage to 7.5 or even 5 before I get the effect I want with these bright 5mm's. Don't know about the 3mm till I see them lit, they will be inside dark smoke/gray acrilic (2 pieces 1/4" sandwished together.)

Any help electronic minded follks ???

2. Boscoe

Boscoe Electronics extraordinaire.

Hmm I don't know properly to give you a definitive answer but I would say a NE555 chip would be used.

Something like this?

[​IMG]

SOURCE

With this circuit you can have every 3rd LED go on so you can have them stripe if you like a long a row of them you could put more LEDs in but it would have to be modified.

If you don't understand just say and I'll try and explain it for you, thats easier than me trying to explain everything.

EDIT: to include more LEDs you will have to change the transistors there and the resistors, if you want I can find out for you.