1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electronics LED Lighting Acrylic Sheet

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Fanatic, 28 Jan 2012.

1. Fanatic

Fanatic Monimidder

I have been searching high and low for the 'correct' way to to do this but as soon as I think I have got the idea, I come across something to contradict...

I am planning to light up an acrylic panel, approx 800mm in length and 150mm wide. This will have a fairly shallow 90 degree bend at the midpoint. It is actually to replace the midplate in the TJ07 and extend up to the roof behind where the drive bays would normally be - kinda boxing in the mobo tray if you like.

Is it enough to achieve a reasonable but uniform 'glow' (not bright light), to drill and embed led's on just one edge of a single sheet of frosted acrylic? Would a reflective surface on the under side be required to help reflect the light? Not got much experience with LED's so am unsure what type of LED would be most suited.

The only stipulation really is that it must be uniformly lit.

Cheers

Last edited: 28 Jan 2012
  2. Fanatic

Fanatic Monimidder

Within an hour of posting this I found what I havent been able to in the last week of searching over on Hard Forums. :wallbash:

Looks like a square pattern etched clear acrylic panel sandwiched between a frosted top sheet and a reflective bottom sheet provides the required uniformity.

Time to :dremel: