1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electronics Led Room Lighting help

Discussion in 'Modding' started by eegg, 22 Jul 2009.

1. eegg

eegg New Member

I want to convert my room lighting to led lighting, i'm not sure if i should replace my normal lightbulbs (3 E14 220v didn't check watts) to led lightbulbs OR replace the lighting to led strips.

Can someone help me?

2. mayhem

mayhem Owner of Mayhems

Led lighting is not as strong as normal lighting and is far more expensive.

Normal lighting is good for normal rooms led lighting is good for mood rooms. But you will pay through the noise for it.

3. tkemper

tkemper Audio Nut

How much you know about electronics is the key. If you can fabricate circuits (power supplies, etc.) and have time to play with different colored LEDs to achieve a decent light spectrum it is sort of expensive. I have done mood lighting in the control room of my recording studio (high intensity white mixed with high intensity amber). To achieve about 1 footcandle in a 400 square foot room cost me about 30$. I will never have to change one of the lamps.

Need more info? Reply

Good Luck

4. -dB-

-dB- Unrestricted

You can buy LED downlight kits, but as already mentioned they are suited more to being a 'feature light' and not really suited to lighting an entire room. If you use enough of them though im sure it would be ok.

5. eegg

eegg New Member

I would love some more info, that would help me alot.

I know quite a bit about electronics but i don't know how to make pcbs and such but i have experience in leds that i used in modding.