1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Left 4 Dead 2 Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Guest-16, 18 Nov 2009.

1. Orionche

Orionche Guest

Couple of my friends and I played it for two nights in a row, all the campaigns on normal, and had much fun. Liked all of them, except Hard Rain which we thought was fairly boring. The effects were nice and all, but, it WAS a storm and we kinda hoped we'd have some hurricane action, ie. flying tanks, metal sheets and that sort of thing. :)

Personally, tad disappointed with Realism thingy, even on Expert. I/us kinda expected something more "serious" not this light version. :) WTB Masochist mode. :D

Last edited by a moderator: 19 Nov 2009
  2. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

been playing since the unlock on steam and loving it :)

3. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 New Member

Just played Versus.. holy crap they made some nice changes, man I'm happy.

4. Furymouse

Furymouse Like connect 4 in dagger terms

I just got showered with intestines in the tunnel of love. Sounds like my first date.......... :D

5. flibblesan

flibblesan Destroyer

that's his 'special' hand ;)

6. cyrilthefish

cyrilthefish New Member

Played the carnival level with 2 friends last night.

Not sure if it was us being simply inept (quite possible :hehe: ) or the fact we had the one CPU player occasionally being retarded, but the game seems a lot harder than the first game.

Carnival on normal mode: 3hours of gameplay, 6 restarts and only 2 of us survived the end piece :lol:

Ultimate lol-moment: getting to the safe house on the part just before the finale with us on about 5-10hp each to find a tank INSIDE the safe house :clap:

Lots and lots of fun though, worth every penny

Last edited: 19 Nov 2009
  7. bogie170

bogie170 New Member

Great game loving it. Not too keen on being defaulted to hosting when the game can't find a dedicated server though.

8. impar

impar Well-Known Member

Greetings!
    Vote a return to lobby.

9. mjm25

mjm25 New Member

Realism mode is THE SH*T. seriously, its the way it's meant to be played. everyone should try it, so so tense. awesome. well done Valve.

10. gibber

gibber New Member

I'm sure its harder, or at least the panic events and finales are more complicated. There sure are more common infected too, we killed 1700 on the Carnival campaign on advanced (compared with 900 or so in L4Ds campaigns).

Getting to that last safe room on the carnival, there are just so many commons to wade through its just bonkers, but great fun.

11. Daywalker

Daywalker Pwnerer

Looking forward to playing this so much! Ordered the 4-pack, gonna LAN-it-up this week with my L4D group. Should be great.
    I think my biggest hang-up with it though is the new characters. As Joe says, the original cast were somehow perfectly identifiable in that their past was essentially a mystery. I don't have a rational reason for it, but myself and the people I play with all have "our" character and it just fits so well. Kind of hope someone mods this one to have the characters and dialogue from the first. Might be a lot to hope for though.

12. cyrilthefish

cyrilthefish New Member

I agree completely.
    Whilst my group of friends would race to get into the lobby first to choose our favourite characters before anyone else did in L4D1, i've noticed that after a few plays we don't even bother picking a character full stop in L4D2, just leaving it set to random...

A mod or even DLC to add the original characters would be great, i'd happily pay for that! :lol:

Still, the game itself more than makes up for the 'meh' characters.

At the moment we've completed 3/5 of the campaigns, recently had a little break to try some of the funnier achievements.
    3x of us trying to get the melee-weapon only achievement hit a bit of a snag when a smoker got the bot player (only person with a gun!) but we somehow made it anyway :D
    Hoping to try to get this one tonight :hehe:

Also, this in the other source games as well, but much comedy can be had with the 'custom sprays' feature applied at suitable places :clap:
    [​IMG]

13. Tokukachi

Tokukachi Member

Been enjoying this and it's very good....

But has other have said the new characters aren't very good, and the Player AI is terrible.. Terrible..

To the extent that it takes some of the shine of it, as it did with the first game, shame they didn't any improvements.

Also, as much as the boycott BS annoyed me, its doed feel like an expansion pack for L4D, but I said the same about MW2

14. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg New Member

Aye the AI is terrible, seems worse than the last one, the mini crescendo event in the demo is made twice as hard becuase the bots won't keep up.

15. Javerh

Javerh Topiary Golem

^^ Well the other noobs in the demo don't keep up either.

16. fadi299

fadi299 New Member

yeah, this one is much harder than the first one!, i'm not really sure if that's good thing or not but it sure makes the game feel much more frenetic and arcady than the first!, there's rarely if ever any downtime, zombies attack with huge numbers from many directions most of the time and it's exteremly difficult to keep them in check!, boss fights occurs far too often tahn the first one and the AI seems worse than the original, on many occassions i lost 1 or two of my crew members, they also never seem to give help as much as they used to in the first game...

still, love this game, gameplay is terrific and i like the new levels and the dynamic nature of the game, defenitely GOTY so far this year along with Batman:AA and Dragon Age......

Tags: Add Tags