1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Left 4 Dead 2 trailer leaked

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 23 Oct 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. smc8788

smc8788 ...at least I have chicken

Sucks to be an Aussie. Are they seriously saying that 16 year olds and above can't tell the difference between a zombie and a human?

3. SNIPERMikeUK

SNIPERMikeUK New Member

I think it's about time things changed, we are living in an age of ooooo it will affect our children....

4. mi1ez

mi1ez Active Member

AWESOME trailer!

MAN I can't wait to get the house wired up properly...

5. AshT

AshT Custom User Title

"there was insufficient delineation between the depiction of general zombie figures and the human figures"

So the fix will be a new set of models that makes a definate distinction between the zombies and humans. Job done.

... just watched the trailer ... made me horny.

Last edited: 23 Oct 2009
  6. logan'srun

logan'srun following the footsteps of giants

^ see above

I got me some man wood and for everyone that complained and boycotted this . . .

*me holding thumb against nose and waving fingers* pffffffffffftttt!

7. Jaffo

Jaffo New Member

Better than a lot of movie trailers!

8. do_it_anyway

do_it_anyway Member

Out of interest, could an Aussie buy one in UK and install it at his home? Could friends send them the UK copy etc?

If so, I bet there are a few Bit-tech friends that would be more than happy to send an Aussie bit-tech friend a uk version.

Back on topic, this has now replaced my pre-ordered Modern Whorefare 2 on Amazon :)

9. Jack_Pepsi

Jack_Pepsi Clan BeeR Founder

I really want Valve to make a full length 'intro' for both games, like Capcom 'did' with Resident Evil.

10. mjm25

mjm25 New Member

lol! awesome trailer! you can't watch that and not like the characters. they are more obviously flawed and relatable.

"maybe the helicopter's made of chocolate" was legendary.

11. Mentai

Mentai New Member

I have to say I wasn't sold on the characters at all until this trailer, now I want to play l4d2 for the first time since it was announced. Good job Valve.

12. erratum1

erratum1 New Member

The bit where he chain saws through some guy was quite gross.

But it was a good trailer, see u online, bring it on !!

13. Thedarkrage

Thedarkrage Thats not a pic of me its my gf

i don't think that sending a uk copy will work on the pc steam would know where you are and change it . but could work with a 360 and the American copy?

14. StephenK

StephenK Sneak 'em Upper

The thing that gets me about this the the decision that video games cannot be a form of adult entertainment. To apply the same logic to other forms of entertainment (or art depending on your point of view), no more books outside of the YA section, no more films above 18's, no more music with adult themes and issues, etc etc.

Usually when explaining why games are different the argument is that they are interactive.... that's fine but why have we decided that all games must be suitable for kids? Why does 'Adult Games' , 'Adult Films' etc pretty much just mean pron? I'll do my best to keep my kids away from stuff they're too young for but to destroy adult entertainment so that I can be a lazy parent? Very sad.

15. Yadda

Yadda Well-Known Member

I haven't even played the first one yet but this looks awesome!

16. Arkanrais

Arkanrais New Member

You probably could, though I'd get someone from over the ditch in NZ to buy it and send it over (cheaper shipping and quicker arrival). then again, maybe you could get it from the steam store by changing the country you live in for the full blood & guts version.

back to the game, looks like I'll finally have to cave in to getting steam on my new PC for this.

edit: what is the aussie ratings board on about with minors? if the game gets classed as a high age rating, then minors shouldn't be playing the thing (if they had an R18 rating). Contrary to popular public opinion, it's not the dev's fault if adult games are sold to kids, it's either the parents and/or game stores fault (I got an R16 game when I was 12 cause the store didn't seem to care, not that the game was gushing blood and naked women at me).

Last edited: 23 Oct 2009
  17. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

Valve should release the game with all the zombies looking like Ricky Ponting.

18. Star*Dagger

Star*Dagger New Member

Well I for one am tired of the artificial Institution of Childhood we have developed in the West over the last 100+ years. Alexander the Great was 16 and had conquered countries, and seen more gore (and sex) than we will in a lifetime.
    We treat children like they are breakable glass. We have no rites of passage to tell them to grow and act like men/women (this used to be done at around 12!!!). We coddle and "protect" them and then deal with the social issues when we have 30 year olds with the maturity of a 12 year old. This wouldn't be so bad, but we also allow this man-children to vote, very problematic in western democracies.
    I do not know of any 15 year olds who would be traumatized by played a fracking game with decapitation in it. If he/she is that bothered by it, start exercising starting with the keyboard push away!
    Nelson was 13 when he started training on a warship, how many Heroes do we lose everyday by boring them with treating them like idiots! Nelson, was chronically seasick, did he cry and go home, NO, he bucked up and lead men in combat.

Yours in HTFU Plasma,
    Star*Dagger

P.S. HTFU is a new acronym compliments of CCP, the developers of EVE Online, find its source here.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgvM7av1o1Q&feature=related

19. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

okay that trailer is sick, but man I wish they still had a girl like Zoey in there, oh well.

20. leexgx

leexgx CPC hang out zone (i Fix pcs i do )

cant you just set the account up so its in the UK or USA should not be that hard (use TOR or an secure proxy to login to make it login using UK or USA servers, then exit it once it has logged in so you can do all your downloads games or play them

Tags: Add Tags