1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Left 4 Dead patch adds new lobby system

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 17 Jul 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. MajorTom

MajorTom Minimodder

Still no 4v4 player matching :(
    It's only 8 months after release though. We must be patient :p

Great to see better custom content support though.

3. Tyrmot

Tyrmot Minimodder

New lobby system was needed... hope it all works ok

4. Goty

Goty Minimodder

Come on, this is Valve we're talking about, we all know better than that! There will have to be three more patches before it becomes even remotely usable.

5. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

All they did was re-enable the server browser they disabled shortly after launch.. nothing major

6. V3ctor

V3ctor Tech addict...

Cool, 8 months after the game came out... I still think that it's a beta version, the real server browsing will be in L4D2 :D

Or in L4D Underground or L4d Modern Warfare 3...

Last edited: 17 Jul 2009
  7. Vode

Vode What's a Dremel?

No, this is seperate, I still have server browser enabled for searching my history (-serverbrowser launch option) and this has a somewhat... Minimised interface.

Would have been better if they did stick with the original server browser in my opinion, this new one only shows games from your 'region' as it sees it - and I have a habit of playing at odd hours. As it is the regular server browser can only easily show your history, not find new games.

8. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

Yeah I'm still going to use the original server browser accessed through the console (openserverbrowser). Too many games with crappy pings if you just jump into a game without checking latency first. It's a step in the right direction but it's still too consoleish for me.

9. Unknownsock

Unknownsock What's a Dremel?

You kidding Valve are one of the only decent developer left out there..You don't pay for this service so what do you expect?
    The initial cost of the game is for the development, the game is still usable, infact never had a problem with it. Except for crap third party servers..

10. SNiiPE_DoGG

SNiiPE_DoGG Engineering The Extreme

Hey great! I think I will actually go boot that up once I finish Flow :lol: I played l4d a ton during the spring, versus is just awesome :D

Tags: Add Tags