1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Legacy of Khufu .Done on page:10.Speakers Done page:11!. 17-07-08

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by TapperSwe, 11 Feb 2007.

?

which picture to use for backside fanguard

Poll closed 17 Mar 2007.
  1. pic one: scarab

100.0%
  2. pic two: Cobra

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. pic three: crocodile/king Sobek

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Attila

Attila still thinking....

I've only just spotted this TapperSwe, And read the entire log.
    I love the theme and the cut outs and polishing are amazing, I
    do hope you will give us an update soon.

2. TapperSwe

TapperSwe What's a Dremel?

Thank you! ive seen your work to and it was realy nice and cool.Im curently working with the pictures and a videoclip, i just have to learn how to use the video editing software ha ha,but the pyramid is up and runing right now.

Happy easter to everyone :)

Edited: In an atempt to make my girlfried to beter understand the world of moding or creating i told her to try to modify a wood mask that i got on my wall and this is the result:

I actually think she enjoyed moding :) :
    [​IMG]

She soldered for the first time (i think she did a god job) and this is the result:
    [​IMG]

And one blurry pic, but it shows best how it looks in real life (the light effect ) maybe that blurry to if you drunk haha.
    [​IMG]

Hoppefully she will understand me better after she tryed it herself .There should realy be an How to make your girlfriend /wife to mod so she wont nagingg about it when you do it Faq/guide :).(not that its a big problem for me :) ).

Regards.

Last edited: 28 Mar 2008
  3. Macros_the_Black

Macros_the_Black Yup.. I'm a f-ing reptile

Awesome!! I congratulate you mate, a cute AND (one time??) modding girlfriend!! =D *envious* <=)

4. TapperSwe

Thanks, i just asked her and she thougt that moding was pretty fun so i hoppe she will do it again.I have another mission for her puting leds in a jar with wooden sticks that i got in my livingroom. By the way the leds in the wooden mask are white but they look blue on pics.

Have a nice day.

5. TapperSwe

Ok so the time has finaly arrive for my final and last update. since ive done pretty much work since my last update i will not post so many work pics to leave more place for the final photos.

I started of by doing a sign for the front but i removed it because it looks beter without it.

Then i had to do something with the ugly pcb on the back fan since i dident thought a sticker fited in the theme. I choosed to do a small engraved Egyptian landscape looks nice with the scarabe flying over it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I wanted the cables to fit the theme to so i sleaved them with gauze bandage because it resemble to what they used in the mummyfication process (they used linen).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Having the dvd and hard drive underneath the mobo made it pretty easy to hide cables,i later had to move the vidcard cable because it did not fit under the mobo.

[​IMG]

I also wanted easy accesss to the inside so i used magnets for the doors/panels.

[​IMG]

Panel.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 4 Apr 2008
  6. TapperSwe

(Final pictures).

I also puted rubber on part of the doors and along the inside and ouside of the panels to pick up sound and vibrations ,they where great to hide cables to,you will see them on the final photos that starts here.

[​IMG]

I moved the led from the sign to the back of the fan guard
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The video out came out 1 mm wrong(the mobo was 1mm misplaced when i marked out for the vid card) , but its no problem plugin in the svideo cable if i want to
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: 3 Apr 2008
  7. TapperSwe

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Other side.

[​IMG]

The chip cooler on this mobo makes a terrible sound so i modified a P3 heatsinkt to make a passive cooler.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The cables from pw button and the eye runs inside the rubber along the panel side.
    [​IMG]

I had great problems taking pics in dark but heres some that looks fairly god.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The modeboard goes all the way out to the edges not 1 mm left so its realy tight (The sign is gone but this is the only pic i got at thre moment with open doors)
    [​IMG]

I presented my other projects (the helmet and gun holster with a videoclipp on a airsoftforum so i wanted to do that with this one to.
    Since the article brought up stargate i just had to do it with that. This is the first Stargate movie from 1994: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0111282/ that i used in my clipp, i just love that movie but it dident really fit my theme so i had to make some changes to the story :naughty:

This is the first time i used a video editing software it use to be my brother that takes care of that so its no Steven spielberg movie lol. But its done to hoppefuly give you a laugh.

Legacy Of khufu in the Stargate movie (here you can see the difference with the sign on the case)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVbJw_Zzk8w

Hoppe you enjoyed my project log i for sure enjoy coments.
    Regards.

Last edited: 4 Apr 2008
  8. Attila

Attila still thinking....

I love this case TapperSwe, It's very beautiful and it would be hard
    to keep your eyes on the screen with this sitting next to you. I can only
    give you five stars but I wish I could give you more. Very well done. :clap::clap::clap:

9. carbon451

carbon451 What's a Dremel?

Once upon a time, I tried to design a pyramid shape case...it's not easy to make square components fit in there nicely. But your build is very well executed! Great idea with the slanted motherboard too

10. craigbru

craigbru Cramming big things in small boxes since 2006

Man, that's awesome! Congrats on finishing it up!

11. Tyinsar

Tyinsar 6 screens 1 card since Nov 17 2007

LOL, I really like the mummified cables :clap:

I'm also impressed with the size considering the shape.

A very nice build. :thumb: Well done.

Last edited: 28 Mar 2008
  12. TapperSwe

Thanks! yeah i do find myself looking at the case instead of the screen :D

Thx,the slanted board did realy help fiting the parts, since i wanted to keep the case small

Thank you very much!

Ha ha i hoppe they dont get up and walk away like in the mummy movies. The size could not be any smaller if i dont place the mobo flat and run the cables throu a hole or changing the shape of the case to have the mobo/vid card ports to come out right and i dident want to do any of that so its appreciated that you coment on the small size.

13. Supra55

Supra55 What's a Dremel?

The mod is freakin amazing, gratz on the finish.

14. theAlien

theAlien I know what a Dremel is....

awesome looking case ............:thumb:
    beautifly executed work ............:thumb:
    I like the mummified touch you gave it with the gauze bandage applied to the cables ..............

Alan

15. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Congratulations on finishing.:D Pulling off a non-square case is very difficult. You managed to get everything in there and did it with style. You even have a little room for possible upgrades.:naughty:

I like the idea of bandaged cables, but as the king of computer fires, I wouldn't try it myself.:hehe: In an all-metal case you should be OK.

16. TapperSwe

Thanks! yes it feels so god to finaly be done with this long lasting project,but its also a feeling of emtiness sorta when you finish a god book.

Means alot,i had a feeling that the bandage was a god idea.

Thank you Cheapskate yes the case not being square was really a pain in the you know what. I can squezee in one card in the pci slot closest to the vid card but thats it :D,oh so you have actually manage to start a fire in a case :jawdrop: how did that happen?.

17. Evenge

Evenge Minimodder

Congratulations! The case looks really good when polished. :thumb:

I do hope that you make another project some day!!

18. timmmay

timmmay What's a Dremel?

Excellent work!

How did your psu quieting device work out?

19. Macros_the_Black

Macros_the_Black Yup.. I'm a f-ing reptile

A great looking case and a great movie clip, it has that Mystery Science Theater quality to it.. I LOL:ed when they looked up and saw your case! XD

20. TapperSwe

Thank you!. I thought that i was going to take some time of from moding but not just yet im actually building speakers to match the case, so time of will have to wait :D

Thx!.It did quiet down the psu pretty much,allso the rubber att the bottom of the doors helped,the screeching sound is gone (hard to belive how the small fans sounds so much) but im still not al happy with the sound so im going to do something about it when im done with the speakers.

Yeah i just love that movie but dident thougt about using it until it was brougt up in the motm article.

Regards.