1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Legacy of Khufu .Done on page:10.Speakers Done page:11!. 17-07-08

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by TapperSwe, 11 Feb 2007.

?

which picture to use for backside fanguard

Poll closed 17 Mar 2007.
  1. pic one: scarab

100.0%
  2. pic two: Cobra

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. pic three: crocodile/king Sobek

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. jokkos

jokkos too busy to mod *sigh*

good to see you're keeping an eye on safety. But maybe it's a bit exaggerated to give the dog safety goggles as well :naughty:

2. TapperSwe

TapperSwe What's a Dremel?

Lol ,he wont work without them (he is a member of the hairy dog union so i better let him have hes way) :hehe:

Last edited: 6 Mar 2007
  3. TapperSwe

I had problems posting this yasterday because i had exed my transfer (i think) on Photobucket.

Today i have beed working on it and i would like to thank itsjustacompaq,gysy and Bx for the help/tip, i attempted the image station as u sugested itsjustacompaq and i uploaded my pics but dont know how to link them here :duh: ,i also checked the google pages but i dont have gmail so i left it and went for the 3rd solution ,so i now got 3 phobucket and some other acount to he he.

Howe'er this update is about the fan guard and i want to start with saying that i will never ever touch a rasp or sandpaper in my life after this project is done.

I started up by wetgriting down the alu ,im going to engrave on this one and i naturally dont want to do the engravings all over again after griting,I start with 600 then 800 and finich it of with 1200 (very fine paper):

[​IMG]

This i a picture i draught, its the sun god Ra , he was often illustratet with a sun disc over hes head in the ancient Egypt, i simply look at the picture and then draugh it on the alu :

[​IMG]

And here he is engraved on the alu ,i did however do some changes to the engravings later on because i was not all pleased:

[​IMG]

A few pics on the drilling fillling and sanding,if u look carefully u will see pippi longstocking on a spoon he,he:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And about 9 hours ( divided in two different days) im finaly done ,i had such a cramp in my right wrist that i even had a hard time lifting a mug of coffe he,he.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is a size comparision (match box) ,u can see that its realy small so only the smallest filling tools could be used and thats why it took so long time to do.
    only the thought that i have to do one for the backfan makes me dizzy.
    [​IMG]

Its not mounted ,havent drilled the holes in the case yet.
    U can also see that i have done a straight base on the part where the screws are going in ,there is a reason for that but i will not reveal that right yet.

Coments and questions are welcome.

Regards.

4. Bas van der Werff

Bas van der Werff What's a Dremel?

Maby it took a long time but it looks great :D realy sweet grill :D

5. B[x]

B[x] What's a Dremel?

Though I'm not really a fan of the Egyptian theme as a whole (it's just personal preference), that's a some nice filing work.

I sent a gmail invite to your email address if you decide to give it a shot.

6. mattthegamer463

mattthegamer463 What's a Dremel?

That is by far the best homemade fan grill I have ever seen. It looks laser cut almost. Keep up the A+ work!

7. TapperSwe

B[x]

Ok that is very nice of u and if photbucket give me problems again i will absolutely give it a try.

Thx for the comment and naturally not everybody likes the Egypt theme, its like that with many things food,cars,blond or brownhaired girls (i prefer redhaired) he,he we all have different taste.Glad u can enjoy my work anyway.
    Im actually no fanatic of ancient Egypt either i choosed it mostly because i love the pyramid shape,but i started reading more about ancient Egypt sinse the build started and its definitively interesting history.

mattthegamer463:
    Bas van der Werff:
    Thx for the comments it gave me some more energy(starting to run low on it).

8. Crazyglue

Crazyglue What's a Dremel?

WOW everything is custom made, and looks GREAT!

nice innovation with the power supply casing. and the fan grill looks fantastic, keep up the great work!

9. modsquad

modsquad Grease Monkey Undergraduate..

Nice work tap.. COOL project!

10. JAxen

JAxen What's a Dremel?

Sweet updates! It was good to see you get the piccys sorted out :)
    Awesome work on that fanguard aswell!

I just got back from sleeping a few hours but I was thinking, maybe you could like do the top of the pyramid kinda ventilated and a fan (a 120mm suggestivly) mounted to blow straight up.. Since hot air rises but in a case it is always nice with one fan more than less :)

Keep on keepin up :thumb:

11. TapperSwe

Crazyglue:
    modsquad:

Thx for the Redbull ,it was well needed ive been working with the power button today but nothing went my way :(

jaxen :
    thx for the comment and i know what u mean with the fan on top and yes i will have the back fan placed as high posible in the case, thats actually a big advantage with the pyramid shape ,it colects all the heat into a very narow place .
    I cant however put it to blow straight upwards because i got the litle gadget that holds the front and back togheter in the way ,and i seriusly doubt that i gain much having it blowing straight up or in a 45 degre angle like im going to have now ,but the idea is great..

Last edited: 14 Jan 2008
  12. JAxen

JAxen What's a Dremel?

Probably not, but then the trick is not to put it to high up cuz then it might get to close to the other wall and not gettin to much air to blow out.. But your the one that actually could see it irl and then take actions..

Good luck, I'll be lookin forward to the next update..

13. TapperSwe

I see what u mean and its a good point ,the fan i have for the back/top is 80mm and its going to be mounted in a straight line ,thats means that its going to be 8 cm from the top to the fan and with the 40 degre angle i think it will be perfect ,however if i turn it and put one of the fan corners towards the top it might be to close to the other side as u remarked.

Last edited: 15 Mar 2008
  14. TapperSwe

Acryl and led question .
    Can i drill a hole in acryl and put a led in that hole or is there some heat isue to concider ? the led i will use is a 3,3v white led if that has something to do with it, and the acryl is 0,5 cm thick.
    Going to do it today if i got a go from someone in here that there is no problem doing this, so fast reply plz.

Regards.

Last edited: 9 Mar 2007
  15. Supra55

Supra55 What's a Dremel?

Shouldn't be a problem at all since its done allot here just be sure to use a led holder or something like hot glue to hold in place.

16. TapperSwe

Ok thx for fast reply ,i have also seen leds and acrylic used togethher before, but when i did they just puted/leaned the led against the acryl edge not inserteing it into the acryl (even thou i think it has been done before its just i havent seen it).
    Thx again, now i can start to build again :)

17. Supra55

Supra55 What's a Dremel?

Glad I could help :D

18. TapperSwe

I have been working for 2 days making a power led for the case and i must say that this one turned out very nice if u ask me ,i have made the power led in the form of the all seeing eye and this one is actually even smaller then the fan guard .

Some info abaout the all seeing eye copyed from: http://www.shira.net/symbols.htm

Eye Of Horus

This old Egyptian symbol actually appears on the Great Seal of the United States, and on every United States dollar bill. The reason is because the original designers of the Great Seal were influenced by Freemasonry, which had adopted a number of Egyptian religious symbols, including this one.

The eye within a pyramid originally represented the god enclosed, during his "dead" period, awaiting rebirth. He was entombed in the underworld. Nevertheless, his soul remained alive and watchful, as indicated by the open eye.

Acording to the book Angel and demons by Dan brown (who also wrote The da vinci code) Freemasonry was a member of Illuminati.

So some work pics:

[​IMG]

This time i drilled out much more due to the small size:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I had to lose moust of the edges because it was just to small to bend with the tools i have:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is a 0,5 cm thick acryl cuted in same shape as the eye:
    [​IMG]

And here it is mounte on top of the pyramid of corse ,i also frosted the acryl with some 300 paper,u can also see the led abowe the screw,i put a piece of black straw around the led to prevent the light to go out on the sides:
    [​IMG]

I hooked it up to my runing cp so u can see it illuminated (illuminati) he he:
    [​IMG]

And a size comparasion ,my thumb almoust covers the entire eye:
    [​IMG]

At first i was going to use a white 5mm led for the power led but u could hardly see it when light is switched on in the room so i think i must get a stronger white led or keep this blue one ,what do u think?.

There is also some minor adjustments (sanding) that i have to do to, the eyebrow isent perfect yet and the sides need some more sanding with 1200 paper...(Adjustments are now done)

Comments thoughts are welcome.

Last edited: 11 Mar 2007
  19. Tyinsar

Tyinsar 6 screens 1 card since Nov 17 2007

IIRC the eye was the symbol of Ra who was the Sun god (or Horus but in either case that eye was associated with the Sun) so I think yellow would be best (but a little harder to find).

I'm liking the custom parts :thumb:

20. TapperSwe

Tyinsar:

Thx.
    Yeah u are right the eye is the right eye of Horus but the all seing eye has meny meanings (originally represented the god enclosed, during his "dead" period, awaiting rebirth. He was entombed in the underworld. Nevertheless, his soul remained alive and watchful, as indicated by the open eye).

If it was the sungods eye in particular and not the all seeing eye with the eye of horus, then yellow would definitively be the color of choice but i rather have white or blue sinse i dont like yellow to much ..

Last edited: 12 Mar 2007