1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Lenovo bucks market slowdown with bumper profits

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 23 May 2013.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. law99

law99 Custom User Title

Awesome. I am considering a laptop of theirs when I move house. A thinkpad of some description. I think their professional grade stuff is excellent. Especially the inclusion of the Nub and mouse/trackpad. As I hate the trackpad and find a Nub so much better. There is a lot to be said about the Nub... or, maybe there isn't. :D

3. Snips

Snips I can do dat, giz a job

When I've walked through Staples or PCWorld, I've actually felt that Lenovo had better quality look to it and weren't priced bad either compared to other manufacturers.

4. will_123

will_123 Small childs brain in a big body

Yes the T series Thinkpads look impressive. Built from carbon fibre I believe. Screen resolution is disappointing though, tha'ts what would put me off.

5. law99

law99 Custom User Title

Same... Only the screen res is bothering me.

6. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

I've had a couple of T series Thinkpads over the years. They're bloody excellent. My current work notebook is a Lenovo, too. :thumb:

7. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

13.3 Ultrabook is absolutely amazing.

8. Blackshark

Blackshark What's a Dremel?

Lenovo took over from Sony a while ago at producing products with fantastic bullet proof build quality. So I wish them well, when I replace this awful Sony VPC model, Leno will be at the top of my list.

9. fodder

fodder Minimodder

Having used Dell for years I bought a Thinkpad about three years ago. Despite leading a hard life it still looks and works like new. Also, the best keyboard on a laptop you will ever use...ever. Definately going for a Thinkpad next time (if this one ever dies, which won't be any time soon by the looks of it).