1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Notebooks Lenovo Ideapad Y580 full HD in the UK?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Prae, 3 Dec 2012.

1. Prae

Prae What's a Dremel?

Hi Guys,

I've been looking for a new laptop for general use and a little photoshop vid editing 3d animation stuff and after alot of searching i decided the y580 was the best bet for size / looks / and performance. The problem is I carnt seem to find it anywere in the UK with the full HD screen, and i7 and GTX660m.

Has anyone come across any shops selling it?

I did consider a custom one pc specalist or XMG, great spec but they seem to be really thick.

I also looked at the dell inspiron 15 R SE but the Y580 has a much better graphics card.

If I carnt find the Y580 in the spec i need, does anyone know any alternatives?

(I ruled out the XPS 15 due to the throttling issues its having, and the vaio S15 as im not that impressed on the build quality and its got a lower graphics card. I also looked at the samsung chronos 15 but the low res lets it down.

Thanks for any help.
    :D

2. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

3. Prae

Prae What's a Dremel?

Yes that what I was saying its not on there at the moment, but it looks as if it has been on the uk site in the past if you look at this deal thats now expired:

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/lenovo-ideapad-y580-899-99-beast-a-laptop-1256506

full hd and i7