1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Lenovo makes multi-touch, anti-glare screens

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 16 Sep 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. outlawaol

outlawaol Geeked since 1982

I just got a Lenovo laptop for my sister in-laws sister. I must say I really like Lenovo laptops now. Its not to flashy but really has a style all its own.

I wonder who will want a multi touch laptop though. The fine details of a modern PC desktop have so many options that these seem more of a novelty then a functional useful PC. Perhaps this will lead to the LCARS menu system that we all wish existed... :D

3. leslie

leslie Just me!

Do you really want to be using hand control on a 22inch screen, much less a 36inch screen?

I think all of these companies who keep pushing touch technology, need to be put in front of a computer for a week, with no mouse or touchpad, and forced to only use touch. Care to place bets how long they last before they scream for a mouse?

Imagine using an ATM terminal for all of your controls on a computer. Waving your hand all over the screen... Yeah, thought so. It's a fail to start technology. Once people use it once they will see they paid a bundle for nothing.

4. dyzophoria

dyzophoria Member

i like multi-touch systems, but their applications are gonna be specific, if something works better with a mouse, use a mouse, if its better with a keyboard, use a keyboard or both, will productivity be boosted if a well designed multi-touch app/screen is added? then go, I doubt it will replace anything, its just like the mouse, its an added bonus, but you would never give up your keyboard for it and vice versa :), if multi touch was a fail then apple's iphone and ipod touch failed when they launched. i think it will have its place if implemented correctly

5. Herr_SturmGeist

Herr_SturmGeist New Member

What I wonder is whether the multitouch on this will still be using the resistive touchscreen of the bog standard X200 tablet or a capacitve one like on the Dell Inspiron XT2. Any clarification?

6. xprodancer

xprodancer life is like a box of chocolates

i do find this tech rather savy! i would like to get this tech and dule screen it with me projector and use the touch for everything! what would be impressive tho is if you could use this tech as a mouse/keyboard and even use it for just this without it being a netbook or laptop! having a wirless setup with this would be perfect for me!!!!!

7. dec

dec [blank space]

i like the itouch qualities of the multitouch just to show off with. when would i use this outside? make a laptop that can run when submerged in water and we'll talk lenovo.

8. Spaceraver

Spaceraver Ultralurker

I'd want multitouch for mine thanks... Nothing like using a CAD program or perhaps Photoshop if I could manipulate stuff by touching it....

Tags: Add Tags