1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Notebooks Lenovo s145 dark screen

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by numanoid, 15 Jul 2022.

1. numanoid

numanoid Modder

Hi guys, my daughters lenovo s145 screen is dark, can bearly see the lenovo logo on the screen at boot up, ive tried it with another screen and same thing happens, any ideas, thanks

2. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Does anything happen when you hit the brightness function key on the keyboard?

Something like f5/6?

numanoid likes this.
  3. numanoid

numanoid Modder

No nothing buddy

4. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Have you tried Windows Key + Ctrl + Shift + B (refresh display connections)?

If it's happening on plugged in screen it doesn't soundl like a backlight failure.

numanoid likes this.
  5. numanoid

numanoid Modder

Yes ive tried connecting to a tv but no picture onscreen, ive tried the windows key+ctrl+shift+B no joy, thanks matey

6. alpha112

alpha112 Modder

Is that with another replacement internal screen or an external one/TV that it seems to have the same dark logo?

A lot of Lenovo laptops have a fuse on the motherboard for the backlight which can blow. Once it's gone, the backlight never works again, even on replacement screens. If this is the case, the only options are to replace the tiny surface mount fuse, or bridge it with solder and hope for the best.

numanoid likes this.
  7. numanoid

numanoid Modder

Cheers buddy, i connected it to a tv, nothing was coming on screen at all...i see lenovo on the laptop screen but i dont see that on the tv screen, ill just use it for spares matey, thanks again