1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Let's hate Toronto, Canadian documentary say

Discussion in 'Serious' started by Cthippo, 13 Apr 2007.

1. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

:confused:

2. cjmUK

cjmUK Old git.

Well, I know nothing about Toronto but I can assure you most of the UK don't have a grudging respect for London. People tend to love it or hate it; and I hate it.

I imagine the it's similar in Canada and many other countries.

The capital hogs the limelight and soaks up the resources and the provinces are forgotten about. Plus some people just hate big cities.

3. Jaxx

Jaxx What's a Dremel?

I'm from Vancouver B.C. and I don't mind toronto. I know that some people don't like the town because of the toronto maple leafs, or how every bit of anything-important-news is about toronto.

Some people say that Ontario gets whatever they want because of the majority of seats they hold in the government (don't quote me, I'm not up to date on that horse sh--)

But I honestly dont know why people have to bash a city just to get their fix for the day. I'd rather discuss something more positive, makes the day more enjoyable :)

4. notatoad

notatoad pretty fing wonderful

toronto likes to whine. whenever they have a heat wave, snowfall, rainstorm, power outage, or any other event of minor signifigance, the whole country has to hear about it nonstop on the news, and we resent them for it.

most of canada looks on toronto the same way we look on the US - an annoyance we'd all like to forget about. (sorry americans, i know y'all are good people, but your media and government really suck)

5. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

We are? :eyebrow:

6. lcdguy

lcdguy Minimodder

well for one thing toronto is only the capital of ontario not the nation (thats ottawa)

Toronto does have some good things in it. but in general i really dislike the city. I only go there for one thing (musical theatre is very good there) other than that when travelling i take the 407 and bypass it completely.

7. Tulatin

Tulatin The Froggy Poster

They're just jealous :p

8. lcdguy

lcdguy Minimodder

what toronto or ottawa ?

9. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Toronto really is a bit soulless, perfectly understandable that people would hate it imo. Although saying that, most of the bits of canada I've personally experienced have been soulless too. I'm sorry to say that the English speaking bits in general just seem a bit devoid of character.

10. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

21% of UK tea exports go to Canada, hardly a sign of a rip-roaring scene... ;)

11. DreamTheEndless

DreamTheEndless Gravity hates Bacon

See, I don't think that anyone hates new york city, but nearly everyone hates LA. In fact, whenever I hear people say that they hate southern california, I have to gently remind them that they *don't hate southern california, they just hate LA and that San Diego is one of the nicest cities on the face of the planet

But, LA sucks.

(*Similar to when someone says that they hate tequilla - you have to remind them that they hate jose cuervo - which is garbage - and that if they ever tried real tequilla they would probably enjoy it.

But, cuervo sucks.)