1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays LG or AOC (Monitor Advise Please)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by hoochy, 1 Aug 2012.

1. hoochy

hoochy Need moar cooling

So, im now in a position to be buying a new monitor to go with my new build.

I have a budget of about £130. It appears at this price range that there are a few IPS panel offerings that don't seem to shoddy, namely the LG IPS234V;

http://www.ebuyer.com/389760-lg-ips234v-pn-23-led-lcd-hdmi-ips-monitor-ips234v

and the AOC i2352vh;

http://www.ebuyer.com/340832-aoc-i2352vh-23-ips-lcd-led-hdmi-monitor-speakers-i2352vh

I have done a search here and elsewhere and haven't really come across many reviews etc... the ones I have don't seem too bad, but ultimately I guess im asking which one is better? If there are any alternatives I should consider please let me know (IPS or not).

Cheers in advance :thumb:

2. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

From what I've heard AOC monitors aren't great whereas LG are at least tried and tested by many BT members.

I'd go with LG.

3. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

I've played with a few LG Monitors and TV's. I had 3 LG IPS231P-BN at one stage, and although a lot of review sites stated it had bad ghosting. It was far from it. Many others went ahead and purshased that monitor, and I can assure you, they are all very pleased with it.

The IPS234V is supposed to be based on the same panel as the IPS231P-BN, from others review, this monitor is great for gaming on a budget. Go for the LG. :)

4. IvanIvanovich

IvanIvanovich будет глотать вашу душу.

As an AOC owner I can defineatly say they shouldn't be a first choice. I got it in a pinch when my old Samsung died and didn't have much money, only now just getting upgraded to a 27" Achievia ips. While the image quality is fine for TN panels with AOC, the build quality leaves a lot to be desired. There is a reason they are a value brand. Go for the LG ips.

5. hoochy

hoochy Need moar cooling

Thanks for the help all - LG it will be. Now I want to buy 3 though! :D

6. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

LG all the way. Mine is a darling.

7. shah

shah Minimodder

Agree with above

8. hoochy

hoochy Need moar cooling

I still haven't been able to purchase the monirtor yet, but fingers crossed next week. As ever, one continues to look around at options! If I were to stretch my budget say £50 more to £180 - would there be any better bang for buck monitor than this?

http://www.cclonline.com/product/66...traSharp-U2312HM-23-58cm-LED-Monitor/MON0528/

Additionally, I assume the lack of HDMI input doesnt matter as my GPU supports for DP and DVI?

Cheers