1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Lian Li launches GPU-centric PC-O12 windowed case

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 22 May 2017.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

What, is the reason you get £20.10 change from £400 so you can go out and buy some fans?

I've liked a lot of Lian-Li's cases in the past, but this is extracting the urine to a whole new level.

3. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Be a good case for a full watercooling setup (show off those stupidly expensive full cover blocks!), which I am guessing is the intention with a 75mm CPU cooler limit...

But I do think Lian Li are going a bit mad, lately. Back in the days of the V2000 they could get away with charging an arm and a leg for a high end, watercooling ready case because the options were much more limited (TJ07, Mountain Mods, Stacker 830?), but nowadays with the likes of Phanteks, In-Win, Fractal and Corsair all offering decently built cases that can fit all sizes of radiators/AIO's for well under half the price of a high end Lian Li they seem to be in a category of their own...

4. K.I.T.T.

K.I.T.T. Hasselhoff™ Inside

Some fans? More like /a fan/ these days or if you buy one nice enough to be congruent with a £400 case

5. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

Yup; when Corsair stopped making the 700/800D, I investigated other options, found the Fractal Design R series... and never looked back. Every build since has been in either an R4/R5 or R2 XL. They're brilliantly designed (if they can get finger-twistingly hard to work in when full) and tick almost every box I have for a case.

£380 for a case, no matter how nice, is certifiably insane unless it's for something exotic and demanding like SuperMicro's SWTX form factor.

True. Although I guess I've been lucky, because I've often found deals on fans I've been interested in (or they've been cheap, therefore I've been interested...?) Some of the 1000RPM Fractal Design fans were going cheap the other day; they're "OK" for static pressure, not so great for raw CFM, though.

Last edited: 22 May 2017
  6. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

I love Lian-Li for making totally bonkers crazy cases like this. It's almost like they have a group of people sit down in a room and ask "what doesn't exist already? let's make that! Who cares if it costs a fortune and we'll sell 6 worldwide!"

Seriously though £400 for a case with no fans is taking the proverbial

7. spolsh

spolsh Multimodder

It's got no RGB though, that alone is probably worth the premium.

8. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

This is essentially one of their older cases with WC and glass slapped on, right? Why didn't they try that with their old G3 knockoff? That probably would have sold well.

9. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Sell? Three of them if they are lucky.
    The real purpose of this case is probably to give a handful of them away to the likes of Asus and MSI for showing off GPUs at tradeshows and that'll be it.

10. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Who doesn't already own fans?