1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lian Li or Coolermaster?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Angel_of_Death, 5 May 2002.

1. Angel_of_Death

Angel_of_Death What's a Dremel?

Right, let's get right down to it. Which is best?

Coolermaster

or

Lian Li

I'd like to know this, because i'm about to build a new rigg with a nice shiny alu case. I need to know about noise & quality, the case needs to be quite and well constucted. Give me some advice if you can.

Thanks

AOD:D

2. KevinOwns

KevinOwns What's a Dremel?

I think it is personal preference, because from the reviews of each they both seem to be very nice cases :)

3. RTT

RTT #parp

coolermaster "accept no immitations"

4. Fly

Fly inter arma silent leges

OK, I'm gonna be a rebel and disagree with Rich...I have seen them side by side at work and admittedly the CM are good but Lian-Li have improved thier cases to the point where they are nicer. The finishing is good, the little touches (like a lockable side panel), and the prices are better...

I am biased cos I have a Lian-Li so it's probably better if you go and have a look at them side by side yourself.

Oh, CM does have better spelling in it's instructions and on the box. :rolleyes:

/me notices RTT blocking me on his MSN Messenger :D :D

5. RTT

RTT #parp

hehe, nah i havent seen a Li Li in RL, but they are very popular which obviously means one thing, that they are goooood cases :)

if anything i dont like the 'newer' designs much, the good old pc60 and pc70 are by far superiour to the newer front grill designs and such

6. Lazy

Lazy Meow?

the cooler master cases tend to look a bit better than the lian li ones but with the lian li you can buy the side panels with a pre cut window for pretty cheap.

7. Kevo

Kevo 426F6C6C6F636B7300

Ive seen both and I would have to say coolermaster only because they look better on the out side, you do pay for the extra looks tho ;)

8. Gordy

Gordy Evil Teddy

Coolermaster by miles ask anyone who's owned both cases :)

9. cderalow

cderalow bondage master!

really depends on what you're looking for... if you want a desktop its got to be CM (ATC 600...mmmmmm sexy)... LL don't make desktops :grr: if you want a full tower its got to be LL (PC70/75... mmm sexy)... CM don't make full towers :grr: ... as far as mid towers go... its down to personal preference.. as from what i've heard they both make really nice products

10. Vittorio

Vittorio What's a Dremel?

I like Lian Li cases my self, the new ones have a great build quality and the insides polish up realy well. All the edges have been finished off well too. No more cut hands.

I built mine and the slide out motherboard tray is a god sent.

End of the day it is going to be horse's for course's.

11. Angel_of_Death

Angel_of_Death What's a Dremel?

Thanks for your help. I think i have made my decision.......hell i'm not gonna tell you though. LL, oops it slipped out:D

I decided Lian Li Because of thier looks and also the fact that i'm not going to spend 150-200£ on a shiny new case and cut a feckin' big hole for a window and bugger it up. So i'll buy the Lian Li PC-65 USB. (the one with the pre-installed window) Duh!:dude:

also, the only CM case i like is far too expensive for my budget!

12. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

I like both of them, cooler master and Lian Li, trouble is I can't afford either and had to comprimise and went for my black 802 instead, very nice case, just a touch on the heavy side once you've got all your bits inside it.

13. GJUK

GJUK What's a Dremel?

ive owned a

lian li pc 70. and ive got 2 coolermaster new cm 200's.

the cm 200 cases ARE SO MUCH STRONGER. no joke. their layout is better, and they uses thicker alu. ho and the looks r to kill ;)

the pc 70 is HOOGE. but i bought the 2 cm 200s to bolt 2gether :D - inprocess.

lian li tend to be a tad cheaper...so.

CM wil always be in my gd books - GREAT CASES., having said that lian li WONT dissapoint you at all.

Jono

ps

my mates got a pc 60 - V nice indeed, tahts a gd case 2 :D

14. neuro

neuro What's a Dremel?

i never noticed the lockable side, im assuming you mean the latest models / upgrades ?

EDIT:

btw, coolmaster dont leave you with all 4 drive bays :D assuming your are having a drive inthere :p ......do they not follow the moddin comunity or what? - stealth mod maybe?

......stingy bast' ......s ;)