1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Lian Li PC-P50 Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 29 May 2009.

1. SinxarKnights

SinxarKnights Minimodder

Im in love! So far only 2 cases has made me actually want to buy it and this is the second. Great looking, performs well and is Lian-Li!

How about some pics of the motherboard mounting system..... screwless... i can only imagine what they came up with considering how they did the expansion slots.

2. SinxarKnights

SinxarKnights Minimodder

Oops! nvm I see now. Thumbscrews. I would be worried about the screws around the CPU and RAM being hard to reach since i install the MB with the CPU/Cooler and RAM already installed.

3. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

Thinking of putting a fan hole in the bottom of my P180 now....i've never thoguht there much room for psu ventilation in there?

4. Psytek

Psytek What's a Dremel?

On looks alone, this is much better looking than the antec, don't know what antec were thinking when they revised the design from the original.

5. aron311

aron311 What's a Dremel?

LOL

6. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Do you guys still have that Passive HD4850, that's hot enough, and pretty long to boot.

7. rembo666

rembo666 What's a Dremel?

I think Lian-Li nailed it again. I think of them as the producers of "Luxury Cases". Every time I see a Lian-Li case in a store, I just have to stop and oogle at it. Unfortunately, I can't afford this luxury, so I go with Antec instead. If I was a little more wealthy I would got with Lian-Li every time. Their understated design is absolutely gorgeous (except the "acid trip" cases they sometimes like to make), and the build quality is absolutely unmatched. You do have to pay for the quality though, and I just don't have the money.

8. glenster

glenster glenster

9. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

Wow that is a nice looking case, me thinks its made by Lian Li and rebranded to Corsair, will have to check that case out when it comes to the market.

10. glenster

glenster glenster

11. E.E.L. Ambiense

E.E.L. Ambiense Acrylic Heretic

No, it's all Corsair; designed from the ground up. Personally, you couldn't get me near the thing when considering doing water; it's steel! ;)

It's a nice looking chassis, but too bad it's oriented wrong. :hehe:

12. RayvinAzn

RayvinAzn What's a Dremel?

Umm...where's the eSATA port? I'm not seeing one up there, looks like just two USB ports and headphone/mic jacks.

13. JohnHind

JohnHind What's a Dremel?

Judging by the pictures you actually need a screwdriver to get into the case! How odd that this would be the only operation that is NOT tool-free! I wish other manufacturers would copy Hiper by using hand operated latched for the side panels, although it would be good to have these lockable as well.

14. malderon

malderon What's a Dremel?

Really want one of these. The P182 my PC currently lives in seemed like such a good idea at the time - but the weight makes it a real chore moving it around, and the air intake is dissapointing too.

This has great looks imo, and the key for me is that its alluminium without being much more expensive than a 900-2. I can only find it for preorder tho, seems noone has any quite yet.

15. Raptorkid

Raptorkid What's a Dremel?

Does anyone know if/where these are for sale in the UK yet? I'm not the most observant of people, so if I've missed a link, I apologise.

Addendum: Just noticed the last line of Malderon's post. I take it this means that this isn't for sale?

16. malderon

malderon What's a Dremel?

17. Thatguy119

Thatguy119 Minimodder

Sorry to bump an oldish thread but I was reading the review and from
    the photo's it looked like it had very very good cable management but when I was photo's with all the kit installed it looked much less impressive. I compleatly understand that you cannot devote hours just to tidy it up, but I was wondering how much more potential there was the hide stuff.

Tags: Add Tags