1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Lian Li PC V1110

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 19 May 2008.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. Naberius

Naberius New Member

Looks like a great basis for some heavy modding, thats always been one of the great things about Lian Li cases, they are just a blank canvas.

3. oasked

oasked Stuck in the Mud

That case looks awesome, especially in black. I love the clean, simple designs of Lian-Li cases - much better than many of the other garish cases on the market. :)

4. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

When i saw the image on the front page, i almost cried out in joy, but when i saw it, i put my head between my hands. Why oh why do they insist on Door's?
    Other than the door, the case does look smart and clean.

Sam

5. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

Doors have their uses - especially in keeping fingers away from places they are not wanted.

6. Naberius

Naberius New Member

Doors are useful for reducing drive noise aswell.

7. naokaji

naokaji whatever

there is also a version without the door.

8. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

I can't help but feel that there's something on Joe's mind in this review. Can't quite lay my squidgy, small, cute, jam-covered finger on it, though.

Last edited by a moderator: 19 May 2008
  9. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

hmm, nice but its not for me, personally i prefer the v1000 plus over this.

10. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Even how I like the design and legendary build quality of these Lian Li cases, I just have lost track with all the models..

Also I have no idea why people keep crying about the doors. What's so bad about them? Do you REALLY use optical drives?! I use mine maybe once a month and hate that bloody thing and the damn noise it makes! I'd rather have no optical drive at all in my case.

11. badders

badders Neuken in de Keuken

So....Joe's Pregnant?

I use mine at least once a day!!

It's a relatively nice looking case, but I've said it once, and I'll say it again - it's TWO HUNDRED POUNDS. That's just under a weeks worth of mortgage, all on one brushed ally box!

12. mrb_no1

mrb_no1 Pie Eater

i have one of the original lian li doored pc's, fulltower as you can read in my sig and its awesome, even with less premium optical drives spinning up when a disk is first put in, with the door closed you cant hear a thing. I used to use plextor so it wasnt a problem as their drives were so awesome that they made next to no noise when spinning, but now, with my current drives you can hear them when watching a dvd, close the door though and its pure silence, well worth it if silence is what you want.

I like the way that new case performed...whilst maintaining relative silence it cooled effectively, thats the perfect mix for a case imo, sure you can buy the p180 with more fans and more noise for it being a little cooler on components but if you are that fussed with cooling dig into your waller and buy water cooling. Its the quiet winner :p

peace

fatman

13. yuusou

yuusou Well-Known Member

pretty nice and fresh case.

14. Skyguy

Skyguy Torque Wrench

Joe, you said "The V1110 isn’t the most startling and jaw-droppingly amazing case we’ve ever seen. It didn’t bowl us over and whip us up into a frenzy of drool and other juices".

Can you please mention some cases that have induced such exctasy? Seriously. I'm very interested in looking at several of the cases that Bit Tech (or specifically yourself) have found to be the cream of the crop.

Good review!

15. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

P182 and the P180 from Antec are good. The Coolermaster Cosmos is also pretty good case is you don't mind the look. The Metal Boned K7 and Cooler Master 690 are good budget options and the Hiper Anubis is a damn good case too - but very noisy.

For my money, it doesn't get better than an Antec P180.

16. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

The only trouble with a P180 is that, an 8800GTS card is a very snug fit if you're using the hard drive cage in the 'middle', in particular where the power connectors meet for a chinwag (this is from personal experience). You'd definately have to remove that cage to fit any longer gfx card in. Which is where the Cosmos wins - after screwing the mobo into place into a bare Cosmos, it suddenly strikes you how small the mobo looks and how capacious the Cosmos is. It truly could handle half the Milky Way, easily.

17. MonkeyNutZ

MonkeyNutZ Crysis Fiend

"There’s only one screw that holds a side panel in place on the V1110 and even that is actually attached to a moveable crossbar in the main chassis. So, to remove the panel means you unscrew and then yank the crossbar, pulling out the hooks inside the case that grip the panel to the frame."

My Lian-Li PC-A01B does that too, pretty sweet, although it rattles slightly...

18. Saivert

Saivert Member

locking crossbar common for Lian Li

That has become very common for Lian Li now. My Lian Li PC-101B has that too and a similar harddrive cage with PSU on the bottom. Only difference is that the entire case is inverted so the motherboard is located on the left side of the case (when seen from front).

I really like the crossbar solution. It holds the side panel in place firmly.
    I also like a door to maintain a clean front. No need to show off your DVD burner or Power LEDs. My computer is really just a black box.
    But I'm the guy who uses stock Lian Li cases. No modifications done.

19. Joeymac

Joeymac New Member

Looks like an air conditioning unit or a large safety deposit box.... with stupid wheels on the bottom.

20. PhillyB

PhillyB New Member

Can it fit a PC Power and Cooling 1kw? How much room is left when you put a 8800GTX in? If I can fit a rad right in front of the mobo I might be able to use that, might even *gasp* go back to air cooling for something as pretty as that.

Tags: Add Tags