Cases LIAN LI PC-V350B and heatsinks, and other questions

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tranc3, 16 May 2009.

1. tranc3

tranc3 ADHD Modder

So im looking at the LIAN LI PC-V350B and the ZALMAN CNPS9500 AT I personally think it will fit, it'll be little tight but looks like it will. i just want some second opinions, maybe suggestions of heat sinks? ect... also i was looking around the internet and noticed some people have custom cut back panels. is there a place to order that or do i need to get a template and find some one to cut one? thanks in advance!

2. Joekerh

Joekerh Penniless enthusiast

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cases/2007/10/17/lian-li_v350/1
    This gives you a much better look at the inside than newegg.

It looks like if the fan is blowing toward the back, the heatsink might touch the side of the case. If its blowing toward the GPU (terrible idea), it looks like it might touch the RAM. Sort of depends on your board and ram though.

At first glance I wonder where the air is supposed to go... there is no convenient rear fan to suck the air out directly.

http://www.heatsinkfactory.com/noctua-nh-c12p-ultra-silent-cpu-cooler.html
    Something like this will probably work better. Facing it toward the GPU should avoid case wall touching. And... it sits tall enough to avoid the RAM... I think.

This option also uniformly disperses the hot air from the CPU around the case. Personally I would face it upward and pop another Noctua on the rear for exhaust.

Not sure about the custom panel... would have to see one to know if it was dremeled or ordered. Photo?

3. tranc3

tranc3 ADHD Modder

I forgot where i saw the back plates but they said they were milled with templates.
    Im still shopping around for a case, so that one isn't a must have it's just very appealing to me. im trying to get the best sound/performance i can out of my system with my next case I'm tired of noise /or hot cases.

4. tranc3

tranc3 ADHD Modder

[​IMG]
    found a pic of the the heatsink in the case. seems likes it'll be fine. im not worried about it hitting the side of the case, my motherboard has the cpu far enough from the side for some huge heat sinks (thermal take Spinn-Q) to fit in my current tower with he psu right above it.

5. bagman

bagman Minimodder

6. tominated

tominated What's a Dremel?

there is a massive thread on hard forum and the most popular coolers for it seem to be the noctua u9b and the c12p

7. tranc3

tranc3 ADHD Modder

That pic is linked on that forum.. not in that particular thread tho.