1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cases Lian-li PC8FIB - is this a winner?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by biFFon, 24 Jan 2011.

1. biFFon

biFFon What's a Dremel?

2. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

Silverstone fortress 2?http://www.scan.co.uk/products/silv...erior-mid-tower-case-with-side-window-w-o-psu

Better cooling, looks more sleek, definitely worth the extra money. If you can't stretch the budget, get a raven RV02 with air penetrators from scan. Or the coolermaster haf X, lowest price they'll ever be at scan right now.

edit: Just looked at the bit tech charts, fortress is the best air cooled case, top cooling, not beaten :D

3. biFFon

biFFon What's a Dremel?

Thanks for the suggestions.

I've looked at the FT02 and like the design. However it's a massive monster of a case and I'm put off by the rotated motherboard design.

I'm planning on a Sandy Bridge build and so maybe cooling isn't the be all and end all... hence why I was swinging towards the Lian-li.

4. flame696

flame696 Terminating People Since 1980....

i love lian li cases they look and feel luxurious im thinking of moving to this particular case from an Antec 1200

5. KidMod-Southpaw

If your just concentrating on the CPU, get the raven RV02, if you need better GPU cooling, get the HAF X. I don't know why, lian li build quality is great, I'm just drawn away from the case.

6. biFFon

biFFon What's a Dremel?

Fair enough... case choice is always an interesting one as so much of it is down to personal preference.

Performance or style - I'm not sure which one is most important for me at the moment!

7. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Lian Li cases always lack something for me, they always come across a little bland and lack features cheaper cases have. I prefer Silverstone for uber high end and Coolermaster for mid-high end.

Get a TJ11 instead... :p

8. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

I love that case. I posted in the review comments voicing my disgust that, at the time of the review, Overclockers were the only place with stock and wanted £234 for the black one!

In the end, I did some research and found them available direct from Caseking.de for around £145 (based on exchange rates at the time), even including shipping. By the time I did all that research, Scan got them in at the £130 price point. In the meantime, I had bought an Antec 300 2nd hand and attacked it with a dremel.

I still love that case, I think it is really elegant and would look fantastic on my desk. I just love the look of the aluminium. There are a lot of Lian Li owners on this forum who swear by the brand, the quality is amazing. I reckon one of these would last you years and years.

Sadly I can't justify it...

9. slaw

slaw At Argos buying "gold"

If it was my monwy, it would have to be the Lian Li. Its a beautiful case thats well built and will last you for years. its in stock at CCL (a great company)

The coolermaster HAF cases have good airflow but they look like a teenagers wet dream!

I also like the silverstone and is actually good value as it comes with a window which will cost you more on the Lian Li but IMHO, the lian li looks better, has more room and you wont regret getting it!

10. KidMod-Southpaw

I'll stick by either the silverstone raven RV02 or fortress 2. If you post your specs I can give you a better idea of the best of them for you.

11. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

This thread needs more Lian Li love.

<3

12. biFFon

biFFon What's a Dremel?

I'm not feeling a huge amount of love for the Lian Li on this thread either - I though they were generally well sort after!

Looks aside (if that's possible!) what is it in the features of this case that let it down?

13. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

^The stock fans aren't exactly great, that's pretty much all i can think of.

Their 2010 tool-less system is by far the most solid out there, all intakes are filterd and the cooling capability won't let you down even with the stock fans. Though i'm not too excited about the rotated HDD cage in this model.