1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Lian Li Tyr PC-X2000

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Guest-16, 23 Jul 2008.

1. fathazza

fathazza Freed on Probation

how much? :)

2. naokaji

naokaji whatever

for my taste it's too big, I'd prefer the smaller x500 version.

3. Stonewall78

Stonewall78 New Member

I have wanted a case that has the bays on the side for years but after seeing this wasteful layout I am rethinking the whole idea. The case is huge and way larger then it needs to be. People are going to have a hard time fitting this into an entertainment unit to use it as a HTPC. Really the idea would work better as a desktop but it is way too tall to use in that form. Overall a fail in my book.

4. p3n

p3n New Member

Sure there is loads of space, surely its far too tall - why don't they have the hard drive section behind the motherboard with the hdds flat or something; taking 30cm off the height of the case but making it 5cm wider?!

5. ParaHelix.org

ParaHelix.org New Member

I have the Lian Li PC-P80 (black version) and despite what people say you really dont know how great it is until you actually see it with your own eyes. LIAN LI ROCKZ KEEP IT GOIN YEZZ!

6. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Do want muchly. I think, as stated in the review, that for the proposed cost of it, it should be nigh on perfect. I love the layout, the hard drive bays in particular. It's a shame there are only two 5 1/4" bays although with the layout I can't see how any more could be made to fit.

I also think they should at least have put it on wheels. Even if it's completely aluminium, a loaded system is going to weigh a fair amount.

I've just skimmed the review, looking more at the pretties, tbh. But one issue I can see is the cables for optical drives. How long would they have to be?

7. bob_lewis

bob_lewis Lurker extraordinaire

Yay, nice review! Would be nice if you could review the smaller X500 too.

8. Jasio

Jasio Made in Canada

Unfortunately Lian-Li does it again... an awesome looking case, but either rushed or simply ill thought-out execution when it comes to cable routing, and the little niggles like the bowed front panel should have been easily caught. I'd expect "issues" like that to show up in a $40 case, not a $375-400 case. This is what keeps me going back to Coolermaster and Thermaltake (Cosmos S, Stacker 830, Armor+) over Lian-Li cases. The Lian-Li PC-P80 on the otherhand seems to be an ideal case for me, it's a shame it's $400, which is rather difficult to consider when the very sexy Cosmos S is floating around $200. Dear Lian-Li: Drop your prices, for the sake of us all.

9. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

How about the PC-X500? (http://www.lian-li.com/v2/en/product/product06.php?pr_index=260&cl_index=1&sc_index=25&ss_index=62)

10. zhangmaster12

zhangmaster12 New Member

11. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

It's too tall, it's got the opticals on the side, it rattles, cable management will be the pits, needs wheels, weird fan size for WC! But ..... It's black on the inside instead of bare aluminum(sp?), and it's a Lian-Li ... I want one!
    John

12. ssj12

ssj12 Member

and when are you going to review the NZXT Khaos Full Tower case?

13. Supra55

Supra55 New Member

Sucks. Horribly.

14. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

bindi: Where's the XB01?

15. Nature

Nature Member

BIT TECH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What happened to the saphire 1600xt ultimate !!??!!?!?!?!??????

I demand satisfaction!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

It is virtually the same dimensions as the monolith, very cool.
    Another interesting tidbit that is off topic, I only discovered my mobile phone is exactly the same dimensions as the monolith, Sony have some very cool designers.

17. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

hmm I wonder if its possible to get a hold of the HDD cage that they use with the built in plugs... going to shoot them an email would be great for a project Im working on :)

18. Sumanji

Sumanji New Member

Hey,

What's the HDD vibration damping like? No mention of rubber grommets, so I guess drives mount directly onto the plastic rails? I recently did an SFF build with the HDD mounted in the 3.5" bay, and within 5 minutes I had to order a 5.25" mounting kit with grommets... for me vibration is far far more annoying than fan noise!

Tempted by this case a lot, but this is the *only* thing putting me off...

Cheers,

Suman

19. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

As far as we can remember, no, no specific hard drive vibration reduction. But this is straining our memories a bit - we don't have the case any more sorry.

20. Sumanji

Sumanji New Member

I was looking at the smaller X500 which is smaller, but does feature four 3.25" bays which definitely do have dampened fittings. Still weighs in at a hefty £200 though...

You reckon it's worth the price premium?

Tags: Add Tags