1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Limbo Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Lizard, 25 Jul 2010.

1. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

I'm really enjoying it. Beautiful settings, really eerie and surprisingly gory.

Some devious puzzles to solve though; had me scratching my head on more than one occasion.

2. fingerbob69

fingerbob69 Member

PC please ...it's where games like this, well, all games actually, belong.

3. wafflesomd

wafflesomd New Member

Too bad I won't be playing it.

How about a pc release....

4. Krayzie_B.o.n.e.

Krayzie_B.o.n.e. New Member

I'm positive this game will come to the PC as it reflects a step up in innovation and diverse game play that PC gamers are accustom to.

Being released on the 360 is a mistake because most 360 owners only want Halo C.O.D. Gears or GTA (see Alan Wake sales figures)

5. human_error

human_error New Member

Nope - I read that the exclusivity on the xbox is only for ~6 weeks on XBL for summer of arcade games - after that they can release for other platforms as they wish (i think i read this on shacknews).

6. pimlicosound

pimlicosound New Member

It might be true that most 360 owners only want the usual shooter / action games, but I'd argue in return that most PC users (going by the numbers) only want Farmville, WoW or The Sims. There's a "hardcore" on both sides who want to try imaginative new games on their favourite platform. I'm not convinced this would sell much more on PC than on 360. It would be nice to have the option, sure, but please don't use your disappointment as an excuse to slag off console gamers as a whole.

7. maximus09

maximus09 Forever n00b

looks great, come on stream!!!

8. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

Played the trial last night. I managed to get totally stuck on the small lake section with the box. After twenty minutes of me thinking there was some control I was missing (I was convinced holding B would allow me to hang on to the box as it floated across the lake) a quick Youtube walkthrough showed me the error of my ways.

There's nothing more fustrating that being stuck at something, but working it out just before the walkthrough you're watching gets there. Grrrr.

9. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

Ha that bloody box, had me scratching my head that did!

10. veato

veato I should be working

Downloaded this last night. I had a couple of deaths on the box until I worked it out. I havent resoted to looking at guides yet though.

Anyone who hasnt played this yet I could not recommend it enough. Its worth every penny IMO.

11. boggsi

boggsi New Member

Registering my dis-interest to site owners in reading about anything non-PC related.

12. thewelshbrummie

thewelshbrummie Member

I don't like linking to Wikipedia articles... but in this case it's relevant. The dev has ruled out a PC release due to "software piracy."

One word response.

Fail.

I have no plans to buy an Xbox or PS3 and limiting releases to consoles to get me to buy the hardware won't work either. I like being able to play old games (10 years+) - only the PC really allows that on new hardware.

As others have said, no PC release, no sale.

13. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

Oh noooo.... I wanted it on PC. It looks so nice. Pity...

14. Mik3yB @ CCL

Mik3yB @ CCL Everything is not going to be OK

Sorry for the thread ressurection.. Downloaded this yesterday morning. Just wow!
    I cannot believe how engrossing it is.

For me, it instantly reminded me of Treasure Island Dizzy and Another World. I'm going to finish it when I get home hopefully. I got to the bit straight after the bright HOTEL neon light sign where you have to walk over a creaky glass roof (wow @ the audio on that!).

I'm in love it. I want to do multiple play throughs - not often I say that either.

Tags: Edit